Really quiet around here...

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I figure that people are probably spending more time out with weather getting better...

What is everyone up to?

I'm just trying to figure out what all I want to do on Cora's birthday this Saturday....this year it's hitting me a lot harder than I thought it would. You know, since it's the 3rd and I've done it twice before. But I just miss my little girl so much right now.

April 27th, 2009, 03:32 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry Cora's birthday is going to be hard. I remember when you lost her, I had lost Jasmine 5 months earlier and hurt so much for you. I remember reading all of your posts and stories and crying and wishing you didn't have to go through all that.

Was it you or Norina that posted her picture and some people were giving you a hard time about it on JM? You were a pioneer back then and did not even know it!

The weather is getting better here in PA. We were out doing yard work on Saturday when Kyle (my 13 year old) cut his foot. He ended up with 8 stitches and is on crutches for a few days.

I had my 2 week appointment today. The midwives said all is fantastic with me physically (mentally is another story) so that was great news. Trying to spend as much time with BF as possible. He is leaving on Thursday to another state for work for 3 months. That is going to be hard.

See, things aren't so quiet with my big mouth around

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I think it was Dawna (Avery's mommy) actually. I had issues with Cora's picture on another site, but joined the big discussion about it that got started right after I joined here. I'm so glad we got to keep our ability to put angel pics in our sigs.

I'm glad that all is well with you physically! That's a great step, and it always comes sooner than being okay mentally I think.

I can't wait until the weather decides it's going to stay nice here. It rained all this weekend, and turned into snow last night. Except for about 3 hours yesterday morning when DH, Erin, and I went and sunbathed for a bit on the patio. I'm a little suntoasted.

April 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been doing more lurking than posting lately. The weather's been nice and I've just been trying to stay busy in general.

I'm sorry Cora's birthday is coming up. I hope you can find something comforting to do.
April 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so very thankful that it's been widely accepted to have our angel pics here on JM. I know it can be hard for some, but it's just such a huge thing to be able to share when I want to and not feel ashamed.

I want to work in my yard SO BAD! But I'm still healing so it's not a very smart idea right now. Arg. I have peas to plant, dangit.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 27th, 2009, 10:06 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brittanie, did you decide yet what to do for Cora's b-day? I wish I had more advice for you on that, but what you went through is so much different than having a m/c. Sometimes I feel I can relate a little, but when you talk about b-days and stuff, god I just cant imagine how hard that is. I know you want it to be special, so I hope you at least get some birthday cake (or even a real good desert) as part of your special day.

I have been busy at work, and with the new summer home. We have lots of work ahead of us, every weekend will be devoted to lots of driving and sweating our a--'s off! The kids are in full gear for baseball season, so lots of games to look forward to. My body feels good these days, as well as my spirit. My SIL just got her confirmation that her pregnancy has failed and she will be taking her m/c medicine tonight to get things going for her. We spoke for the first time tonight and it felt good to comfort her, even if it was the first time we met. I guess were officialy family now!
April 27th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Natalie - I think the peas can wait, you need to take care of you right now.

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

April 28th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Brittanie. I can't even imagine how hard it must be.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 28th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Britt - you still have snow? Oh my, I thought it was bad here in PA. Spring has finally arrived! We have had weather in the 90's for the past few days. Tomorrow it is going back into the 60's and rain but I will take that over snow anyday! Have you thought of any ideas for Cora?

At my appt yesterday I weighed myself. I lost 3lbs - down to 118. So only 9-10 more lbs to go! Today I woke up and my stomache is all like jello, it is not hard and bloated anymore. To me it is a good sign that my body is going back to normal again. I have a horrible migraine headache - lack of sleep is getting to me. I was up reading the book empty arms last night by Pam Vredevelt. Good Loss book. There is a section on eating while grieving and that many women over eat after a loss to try to compensate for the hurt. That's what I did and now I realize what I did was normal and now it is time to get out of it and keep myself busy so I don't eat so much. I feel like the past 2 weeks has been such a bad dream and just wish none of us had to go through any of this.

Lori - do you think your SIL is going to join JM?

Amy - why are you just lurking? Are you ok?

April 28th, 2009, 07:02 AM
megal40's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone,

Britt- maybe go to the zoo or do some activity that you think Cora would have liked at this age. It might be sad but you will be sad that day no matter what. I am sure you feel like she is with you everyday. Doing something she would like might make you smile. Take care of your self.

I am doing okay. Just frustrated that AF is nowhere in sight after my D&C 39 days ago. I have decided to wait until the end of the week and then call my Dr. Prior to this I was like clockwork. 28 day cycles. Oh well, we are just anxious to add to our family.

Hope everyone else is doing okay. I know there are a lot of us that just lurk here but if anyone needs anything, just post. We seem to step in and post when someone needs us!

April 28th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Britt - you still have snow? Oh my, I thought it was bad here in PA. Spring has finally arrived! We have had weather in the 90's for the past few days. Tomorrow it is going back into the 60's and rain but I will take that over snow anyday! Have you thought of any ideas for Cora?

At my appt yesterday I weighed myself. I lost 3lbs - down to 118. So only 9-10 more lbs to go! Today I woke up and my stomache is all like jello, it is not hard and bloated anymore. To me it is a good sign that my body is going back to normal again. I have a horrible migraine headache - lack of sleep is getting to me. I was up reading the book empty arms last night by Pam Vredevelt. Good Loss book. There is a section on eating while grieving and that many women over eat after a loss to try to compensate for the hurt. That's what I did and now I realize what I did was normal and now it is time to get out of it and keep myself busy so I don't eat so much. I feel like the past 2 weeks has been such a bad dream and just wish none of us had to go through any of this.

Lori - do you think your SIL is going to join JM?

Amy - why are you just lurking? Are you ok?
I've just been cranky this week. The "deployment meanies" as someone else put it are getting the best of me and I'd rather just not be pissy with people so I've just been lurking to prevent that from happening. Not that I'd have a reason to be crabby with any of you girls but just in general. But I did get good news today so maybe that'll cure my crabiness for a few days at least. I'm not even PMSing either. I'd hate to see what would happen if I combined the deployment meanies and PMS.
April 28th, 2009, 09:40 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brittanie -

Missy - I'm glad that your appointment went well. I agree with Britannie, the phyiscal is usually quicker then the mental. Take all the time that you need, and feel everything that you need to feel. I'm sorry that your DB is going to be gone for 3 months
Congratulations on your weight loss!

Natalie - I understand how frustrating it is to have to take it easy when you don't want to. But please take care of you. *HUGS*

Lori - That was sweet of you to reach out to your SIL. I'm glad that you're feeling good!

Meg - I hope you get an answer soon! Please KUP.

Amy - I think the 'deployment meanies' are totally understandable (cute name ). Yay for good news!

I'm working evenings this week, but I have appointments in the morning almost every day. I woke up FAR too early this morning though, and couldn't go back to sleep. Oh well, it was nice to have HOURS to just relax and catch up on JM

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Last edited by ..Penelope..; April 28th, 2009 at 09:49 AM.
April 28th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Awwww Amy... I am sorry that you have the meanies. (I like that term!). I am going through pre-meanies myself with BF leaving Thursday. He is coming over later tonight as he is running around getting things done for his relocation. You can be pissy with me, I get it. Feel free to PM me if you want. How soon again until he comes home? <- that may not have been the smartest question to ask with you feeling how you are.

P - I am stalking you in the other board...

April 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Looks like this is the tread to post in. I have been working out of town so I haven't b een able to get on the boards much until today. I think it's been about 2 or 3 days. It's so good to be back in my office and have my long lunches back. Didn't realize how much I enjoyed being home in the afternoons.
April 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Sorry I wasn't around - my computer had viruses and my IT guy had it overnight to fix.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 28th, 2009, 08:25 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Missy - I appreciate your support so much!

Sheila - Good to have you back!

Rebecca - I'm glad that you got it fixed!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search