Let's do a Roll-Call

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 10:33 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
It seems like we have a ton of new faces lately. It's always sad when someone has to join us. I think we all can agree that it's good that we all found each other.

Tell us an update and something that we don't know about you.

I'm Sheila your Co-host. I know I'm not on here ALL the time or as much as I'd like but I'm still around. It's been 2 1/2yr since we lost our baby. It's been a long journey and we have come so far in our healing. Right now I have my Sweet Ellie who just turned 1 on the 13 and on unexpected baby on the way.

Something that you might now know is at one time I had 10 cats. It drove dh crazy but I have a feeling he secretly loved each and everyone of them
April 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Natalie. I lost Devin last March, and just last week had a miscarriage - ectopic that ended in surgery and the removal of my tube. I'm an IVFer, though, so the tube doesn't matter much.

Speaking of cats... I work with them at a cat rescue. I'm sitting at my desk with four cats in the office right now. (Hmmm, there's usually more...)

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
My name is Rebecca and my son Ethan was stillborn in February. It'll be exactly 3 months on Mother's Day

Something you might not know about me is that I used to work as an anthropologist at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. At the same time I worked for the Chief Forensic Anthropologist of the State of Rhode Island (she was based at the Smithsonian). If you've ever seen the show Bones, it is based on where I used to work.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was just thinking about doing this...lol.

I'm Brittanie, the other cohost. Cora's 3rd birthday is this Saturday. I can't believe it's been 3 years since I said hello and goodbye to my little girl.

Since then, I've had Erin (6/7/07) and Patrick (2/25/09), but nothing completely gets rid of the pain.

Anyway, something you don't know about me? My apartment is right next to the state highway. When I turn on the gps in my car, it thinks I'm ON the highway.

April 28th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Amy. I lost our angel Gavin on March 6th, 2008.

Something you might not know about me.....hmmm....DH and I got married about 3 months after being together "officially". I say officially because we were pretty much exclusive a couple months before that I just didn't want to call it dating when he was on the other side of the world. It's worked for us so far and I wouldn't change a thing!
April 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rebecca - That is SO cool!!! I'm a RABID Bones fan

Britannie - at the GPS.

I'm Penelope My DB is J. We have one angel, who we lost on February 7, and we're WTTC our second little miracle.

One thing that you don't know about me is that I've felt like a mom to my 5 younger sisters ever since I was a teenager. We're still very close.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm Amy, I had two losses last summer, and one in Feb. I have no other children. And no plans for any in the future.
Something that you don't know about me? I absolutely love classic cars!

May 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I am Kary, DH Tom.. We have been together for 16 years.. Started ttc last July have had 2 losses. Our last one in Jan...

Something you may not know I am the mother of an 18yo. I was 14 when I got pregnant.. He will be graduating June 19th!!! Can't wait to see him in his Cap and Gown!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
May 4th, 2009, 07:35 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi my name is Liz (30) and DH is Patrick (33). We lost our little one at 7weeks on 3/2/09. My last cycle we started to try again but didn't happen this time, AF just showed.

Something you don't know about me??? I am a social worker for a home care agency.

May 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Ryleeroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Karen... fiance to Steve. Mom to Rylee (7) Me and Steve have been together for 5 years and are getting married in July of this year!
In Feb of 09 (@20 weeks) We had to say Goodbye to our unborn baby boy who was full trisomy 18. We have went through 2 cycles and are now actively trying to conceive again.
McKenna Claire 3-12-2010
Angel in Heaven 3/16/2011- 12.3 weeks
May 4th, 2009, 04:47 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi. I am 40 and lost our baby 3 weeks ago. We are going to try 1 more time and going to have to wait for 3 months as BF is out of town for work for that long. I am still having a rough time with the loss and am so greatful for my friends here at JM.

Something you don't know about me: I love cats. We have 2 and I am going to pick up one more tonight (I am going to take care of BF's while he is gone). I also have a blanket that I take with me when I go out of town for work. Yup, just like a little kid

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Last edited by missy123; May 4th, 2009 at 07:50 PM.
May 4th, 2009, 06:13 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Mandy, 26... after 1 cycle of TTC I got my BFP, only to lose my angel in early March. I was diagnosed with PCOS and have been taking Metformin for the past 11 days. I am planning to stay on it throughout my next pregnancy.

Something you don't know about me: I have never lived in one house for more than 3 years! I am a habitual mover... from IN to PA to WA to IL to Spain to IA to CA (briefly back to PA), and my anchor is now down in Santa Cruz, CA!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
May 4th, 2009, 07:07 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I'm Elizabeth I lurk often but don't post much...It's been a year and a half since I lost my baby Jeziah Hayden.

But on a better note We just had a baby girl 3-27. 5 lbs 10 oz 17.5 inches via emergency c section

And I am terrified of fish...

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

May 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyt View Post
Something you don't know about me: I have never lived in one house for more than 3 years! I am a habitual mover... from IN to PA to WA to IL to Spain to IA to CA (briefly back to PA), and my anchor is now down in Santa Cruz, CA!
Me2! Wow, I don't know anyone that moves more than I do and everyone thinks I am crazy! I lived all over NY state, moved to GA, back to NY, back to GA, to Florida now here in PA and I am ready to gooooooooooooo. If nothing else, we are moving in August to a different place in PA.

The boys sometimes get sick of moving but they have friends all over the place and they still visit all of them. Corey (my oldest) has lived in 14 different houses. (some of them were short stays when he was a baby because we would get evicted for non payment... <sarcasm> My ex was loads of fun... <end of sarcasm>

Feels good that I am not alone on this one!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search