Update..post ovarian pregnancy

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 06:09 PM
So I had my appt with my OB/GYN surgeon yesterday and am now more confused than ever. It wasn't strange enough that I had an ovarian pregnancy but now there having further pathology done to determine if I had Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia..which in my findings basically translates into a molar pregnancy. The confusion comes from the fact that I can't find any information on Ovarian Molar Pregnancy's and my Dr. has never seen it happen before (which isn't saying much considering I was only the second ovarian pregnancy he has dealt with in his 15yrs). They sent a sample over to the Regional Cancer Clinic to deal with it. I now have to have my bloodwork done twice a week and see the ob/gyn once a week until we no for sure what is going on and how there going to deal with it. I may have to have a treatment that I am told is similar to chemo although it is not chemo.

The Dr said that my ovary was basically taken over by placental tissue (which is why the pathologist that first looked at it is wondering if it is this GTN). This would also explain my extremely high HCG levels (530,000 just prior to removal of ovarian pregnancy just shy of 10wks). Has anyone ever heard of this. I am assuming most of you have heard of Molar. Seems as though most people have never even hear of ovarian pregnancy (1 in 100,000) let alone an ovarian molar pregnancy.
April 29th, 2009, 07:21 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never heard of this, but Oh my. I am so sorry you are having to go through even more stress.

Keep us updated. I hope it is ok and you don't have to go through this chemo type stuff.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 29th, 2009, 08:37 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whoa. Both at once is just crazy odds. (But then I know that means nothing... it may be rare, but it still happens to *someone*, you know?) I haven't heard of it, but like you said, ovarian pregnancies don't happen very frequently. I am so sorry you're dealing with all of this! I hope you get some good news soon.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 29th, 2009, 08:56 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard of both, bot not together. I guess anything is possible, if the pregnancy started in your ovary and it was going to be molar in your uteris, than I guess the two togehter could happen, scientifically speaking. But the two are like way over the top in % wise to even get to begin with. Was there an embryo in the ovary that was visible? I hate to ask it that way, but at least if the baby were visible, then partial-molar might be expected, not total molar. Partial would have a better outcome.

I just pray everything goes the right way as for your levels coming down. That seems to be the most important part. Once they hit zero, I asume they will watch you closely for 6mo? If it is molar that is. My dr. sent my tissue to the lab too, to rule out molar, at 9.5 wks I was only at 80,000, but he leaves no stone unturned. My tissue came out negative for molar. I hope for you the same. What a rollercoaster for you, Im so sorry....
April 30th, 2009, 11:20 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I'm just as dumb-founded as you are. You always hear of these slim to none-chances and never expect you to be that small % of ppl that have to deal with something so crazy.
Dh and I felt that same way when we had our loss. He had a previous loss at 7 mo with his first wife. There were similarities but the Dr's said it was a completely different reason for his first loss than ours together. Both babies were lost at 7 mo. both had club-feet, extra fluid and a few other things. The Dr's said it was a freak chance that this would ever happen to anyone-I guess we were the unlucky ppl.
April 30th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Unlucky is right. I have been told I also have to have a chest x-ray and a cat scan now. I don't think they are assuming it is malignant but my Dr. wants me to have these to cover all the bases. Because I am in healthcare I know the reason they are doing it is becaues they are making sure there are no metastasees. (when cancer spreads to other organs). I guess it is routine for my consult with the cancer clinic. As of today levels are still going down. I am frustrated and eagar for the number to reach 0. Weird how one day your hoping your numbers keep rising then suddenly you want them to be at 0. I will be monitored for 6mths to a year depending on the outcome of the second pathology. I will update when I know more. Thanks for listening.
April 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Laura - I was thinking about you today, thanks for the update. I am sorry you are going through all of this. Praying all is ok for you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 7th, 2009, 10:41 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I have never heard of a molar ovarian pregnancy before but I'm like you I'm a medical mystery when it comes to fertility stuff I had a "mass" behind my uterus and my DR did a lap to see what it was and it was a cyst I also had 2 more cyst and endometriosis and the Endo was producing the cysts my DR said that in 30 years he has never seen that before.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search