How did you name your angel?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Ryleeroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Was it what you were originally going to name your baby before the loss?? Did you name your angel later on?

DF was desperatly wanting a son. Since he was little he wanted to name his first son Tyler. Now, that we lost a son, wouldnt we feel guilty for naming our future son that if we have one? This is part of the reason I have never named my angel. I'm really torn and makes me so sad to think of it
McKenna Claire 3-12-2010
Angel in Heaven 3/16/2011- 12.3 weeks
May 4th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Cora had her name for the last half of the pregnancy before we lost her...so I'm not really one to ask.

You know, I think you're always going to feel hurt/guilty that you don't have your baby boy with you. I still feel guilty...I think it's something that will never completely go away.

Maybe give your angel the name Tyler as a middle name?????

May 5th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We named him about a month later. It was something we just put off and put off because I felt like giving him a name would make the loss even more real. We had a list of names written down on a little white board that I have and looking at the list every day was killing me. Finally one day DH said, we need to just pick one so we did.

I like Brittanie's suggestion of using it as a middle name. He will always be your DF's first son but that doesn't mean he can't have another baby boy down the road.
May 5th, 2009, 07:01 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I also named my angel about a month later. Of course mine was too early to know the gender but something just told me that he was going to be a boy. So I picked out a boy name that I liked

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

May 5th, 2009, 07:52 AM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I named our Angel Carmen. I loved the name and didnt know the gener. Carmen seemed gender neutral to me. Carmen was also my moms favorite Christian singer when i was little and since our Carmen is now in Heaven with my mom it all just seemed to fit perfect. We had names pciked out before Cameron Adam and Caydie Marie. Since we did not use them we will for this baby. I do not feel bad about it because we were considering it but Carmen fit better all things considered.
May 5th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
We had already decided on the name Ashton... it was fitting. My sweet little Ashton... gosh I miss him so much...
May 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
We fought about names for 17 weeks, but the day we found out that the baby would not survive, we figured out first and last names for a boy and a girl in about 10 minutes. It was like a lightning bolt - we just knew what to call him. A week after Ethan was born I finally looked up what his name meant, and Ethan Frank means "strong and free", and that seemed very appropriate.

In my religion people have both English and Hebrew names. Ethan's Hebrew first name is Eitan - it is a direct translation. But "Frank" has no direct translation, so I have to pick an approximate Hebrew name, which I haven't done yet.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search