new:lurker ::UPDATED::!!

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2009, 03:12 PM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
Hello,

I am here with some questions and I think I am holding on to bare straws here, but I need to ask someone that has been through m/c some questions. I am sorry ahead of time.

I have just came home from my U/S today, they had a fetal pole of 6wks, which if they go by my period, I should be 8wks, but i Know I didnt ovulate till the end of march. They found no HB and the tech said she seen no blood flow with the color thingy.

whats the earliest someone can actually see somthing with that color thingy that shows where the blood flow is?I have never seen them us one this early.
My tech and quick and non detailed, just said, no heartbeat, not vial, nope not vial, see no blood flow, you can get dressed now.
Second, can I still be off this much and the baby start a heartbeat next week? like it is just growing slower, because it IS growing. I had a U/S on the 20th of April and it showed I was 4-5weeks, no fetal pole and sac was only 8.3mm, then 3 weeks later there is a fetal pole but no heartbeat and the uterus is atleast 100x bigger, it went from this small >> O on the U/S to about the size of a orange on the screen..my husband thinks we should get another U/S next week,,,,I sorta want another also, WITH a diffrent tech

I am scared out of my mind, I have never had a M/C, I am not bleeding yet, I dont want to, I dont want the pain,and I dont like the grief it is putting me through!I dont want to see this happen,I dont want any of this problem to be real. I just want it all over with already. I feel like a terrible wife because I instantly felt Resentment toward my husband because it just felt like he can cry and let it out and it is over, and here I am with it in me and I HAVE to get it out some how and I HAVE to do something about it!!!! I cannottell you how many feelings I am going through right now. I am a roller coaster of anger,and sadness.
Is there hope or am I reaching for nothing??

UPDATE!!
well I am officially confused ONCE Again. Yesterday I had my tech tell me my pregnancy was not vital with no HB, I had to go in to talk with doc, and he was very sweet, I couldnt stop crying, DH was crying to, and said he wanted one more scan just toease his mind.....
Then BAM there was a small flutter, VERY small, but VERY there!!I am so freakin scared ! He said it could have JUST started, and I was measureing actually 5wks5days,WAY off, but it actually went right in hand with my U/S on the 20th... He said there is enough question here for me to stay on Progestrone, get another draw tomorrow, and get the third U/S on Monday. He said it could be also an echo from my heart??? I KNOW I should not get my hopes up, and I tried to lay there and say this isnt true dont hurt yourself again, but how can I NOT try and hope!!!! I am praying that this is Gods way of showing WHO is in control!!! I am relieved, and stressed,and scared,all at the same time..... I my numbers on monday went from 20,000 somthing to 27,000somthing. I hate to have false hope or to be holding on to straw ends, but it seems I am... Please dont stop praying fo my Bean!! I am desperate for your prayers!!!!!!

Last edited by FruitLoopLace; May 6th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.
May 5th, 2009, 03:23 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi. First of all I am sorry you are going through all of this stress. I am not sure about the dates and such, I am sure someone else will chime in soon.

As far as your feelings go, I COMPLETELY understand what you are going through. All of us here have been where you are in some form or another. What you are feeling is normal and ok.

Did your Doctor call you? Usually the US Techs do not give you much information. I had to practically jump off the table for the tech to tell me anything at all.

I am sooooo sorry you are going through all of this, I am feeling your pain with you.

(((HUGS)))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 5th, 2009, 03:29 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
First off, I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience with the U/S tech. I know that they aren't really allowed to say much if anything when the pg isn't viable. I know this from experience but they also should have a bit better bedside manner.
Have you called your OB/ Mid-wife and discussed the possibilities of your M/c with them? I would definately advise that. They would also be the ones who would OK you to have another U/S..if it was needed.
I wish I could explain more about what would happen with a m/c but my loss was much later. The ladies here a fabulous and I'm sure will be able to answer any other ?'s.
Giv e you DR a call and let us know what they say.

Hugs Sweetie-we all know how difficult it can be knowing me have or might be losing a baby. We are all here for you.
May 5th, 2009, 06:54 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this! I also cannot help you with dates/medical stuff, but I will be hoping that everything is alright for you.

May 5th, 2009, 09:01 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off, Im so sorry for this roller coaster you are on. Trying to understand your dating, seems like you had an u/s 3wks ago that dated you at 4-5wks? Now, your dating at 6wks? So you have a week or so that is lost in this. Im sorry to say, but sounds like the baby might of stopped developing at 6wks, which would be maybe a week ago. BUT, with that said, the only way to be 100% sure would be to do a repeat u/s in about a week. Now that there is a fetal pole (I really hate that word) baby, I would want to see if anything happens over the next week to be at peace with how you will decided to miscarry. Some doctors would want to do blood work to see how your numbers are going, others may only want to do a repeat u/s. Now that they have seen the baby, you obviously have a yolk. That is where the blood flow should be seen. If the u/s is not picking up any blood flow through the yolk or baby than that does not sound promissing. Im so sorry you are going through this, and wish I had better advice for you, but like I said, I would want a repeat u/s just to make sure.

This is not fair and certainly not what any one expects when they find out they are bringing life into this world, but here you are and we want you to know that you are not alone. We will be here for you through it all. Make sure you call your doctor and have him/her go over everything with you, leave no questions unanswered. And by the way you are not grasping at straws, your a mother who is fighting for her baby.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 6th, 2009, 10:59 AM
megal40's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow- your feelings take me back to the first time I had a m/c. Now that I have been through two i still wouldn't wish the pain on anyone. I am sorry you are going through this. Do what you and DH feel you want/need. I hope your dates are off and you are able to come back and tell us wonderful news. Either way, we are all here and always able to listen and understand.

May 6th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Im praying for good news on your next u/s. Just dont know what to think, I guess Im just as confused as you. Did the dr. say what the h/b was? Or was it too faint to pick up? Did you ask him about the blood flow issue on the last u/s? KUP, I will pray for you and your baby......

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 6th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
he said it was slow, but since there wasnt one there yesterday,it could have JUST started, and thatas far as blood flow it is definately to small to even pick up on that this soon. I feel like I am climbing a mountain to be struck down...

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
May 6th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Please dont look it at that way, your not climbing a mountain to be struck down, your doing everything you can for your baby right now. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do for your baby is to hope and have faith, the rest is in Gods hands.

When they found my babys heart beat, which was very strong at 6w4d, I still rember thinking " God, just two weeks ago they told me in the ER that I had a blighted ovum". I felt like, I had won. I still knew in my heart that I was not sure of the pregnancy, but hopeful and loved my baby every day until the 9w4d u/s which showed that the baby had died at 8wks. Although I was extremely devestated by my loss, I still won. I had proven the dr. wrong, I did have a baby and it was alive with a strong heart beat. I was only meant to have him for those precious 8wks, but he's with me everyday in my heart.

I still pray that everything turns around for you, miracels do happen and many women have been in simalar situations and have gone on to have healthy pregnancies. I pray you are one of them.

May 7th, 2009, 04:41 AM
thank you, I am going back and forth, happy then freaked out crying knowing it wil turn out wrong. I have no clue what to think

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
May 7th, 2009, 11:32 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Here's hoping the best for you sweetie!
May 7th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Ryleeroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for ya hun! Dont lose hope!
McKenna Claire 3-12-2010
Angel in Heaven 3/16/2011- 12.3 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: