Bad News

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 05:26 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I know this pg wasn't planned but I was just getting excited about having a new LO in the house.
Well, last night I felt a gush. Sure enough it was some blood. I've had more thru the night and some mild cramping.
I'm so disappointed!

My ? for some of you ladies-How long did you wait before calling your DR? I know this can happen quickly or I may end up waiting a few wks. DO I need to call her ASAP or can I just wait it out?

Thanks
May 6th, 2009, 06:15 AM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
I just wanted to say, I am sorry for your loss, and I dont know what to tell you to do because I have never been through one, I am scared to death of the one I am about to have....

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
May 6th, 2009, 06:20 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sheila, Im sorry, I did not even know you were pg. How far along are you? If your under 6wks, I would wait it out. If your over 6wks, I would go and get the u/s to see how things are. How are you feeling this morning? Any more bleeding? I hope maybe it was just a blood clot that passed. Im keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 6th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh my gosh, I'm so sorry sweetie! I agree with Lori. I'd call depending on how far along you are. Did they ever do an u/s to figure out how far along you are?
May 6th, 2009, 07:06 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awwwwww this totally sucks Sheila. I am so sorry honey. Don't give up hope yet, many bleed during pregnancy. I would call your doctor right away, if for nothing else to make sure you are ok. Keep us updated. ((((((Many, Many Hugs))))))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 6th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh no!! I saw the title of this thread and I said "oh no" out loud. I'm near tears, I'm so sorry honey!

Let me know if/when you want this angel added to the list, after you get everything figured out.

May 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I don't have any helpful advice, not having had a miscarriage before, but I am really very sorry.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Veteran
I started bleeding yesterday morning and i called my nurse i waited a few hrs though. Dont wait to long cause they are going to want to do whats going on.

Brandon-edd Jan,1,2010. Grew his wings on May 5.2009
May 6th, 2009, 08:54 AM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
I am so sorry.

I would call and go get checked out. They can see if your cervix is open or closed, if it was just maybe a blood clot passing and give you a better idea of what is going on.

I didn't have a gush of blood until I was well into the miscarriage process....I just started spotting and a few days later the bleeding picked up. It could just be a blood clot - don't give up hope sweetie.

May 6th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Ryleeroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to send you hugs (I didnt even realize you were pregnant) I'm so sorry. I would call if it were me.
McKenna Claire 3-12-2010
Angel in Heaven 3/16/2011- 12.3 weeks
May 6th, 2009, 10:41 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I had an U/S last Fri and I was 8wk 5d. Good HB and everything seemed fine. I haven't had any more gushing-maybe a Quarter sz spot since I got up this morning (430). I haven't really felt any more cramping but I'm a bundle of nerves.
The last spot was really dark. If and when it happens again is when I think I will call. I know it's too late for Implantation Bleeding but deep down I'm hoping it's really nothing. Hoping!!
May 6th, 2009, 10:51 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dang it Shiela, I really hope all is ok. We love you but don't want you to have to "join" us again! Have you called your doctor yet?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 6th, 2009, 10:52 AM
megal40's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that things are stressful right now. I just wanted to let you know that I had some dark bleeding/spotting when I was pg with DD. It was at about 9 weeks. I had a small panic attack since it was my first cycle after my D&C. The ultrasound showed a small pocket of blood that was caused by a tiny tear in the placenta away from the uterus wall when it was forming. I went on to have no other problems and a healthy little girl.
If you don't continue to bleed/spot I would take that as a good sign but still call your DR. They might want to check to make sure things are okay.

I will be thinking about you. KUP!!!!!

May 6th, 2009, 12:31 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Oh no! I'm doing some serious hoping that it is nothing serious! With both my m/c I had fairly constant spotting for a few days and then 2 days of heavy bleeding. I would call your doctor even if it seems to go away, just so that you can get some reassurance that everything is a-ok. I'll be thinking about you!

May 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oooh, I'm saying some serious prayers for you sweetie! Keep us updated okay?

May 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, no! I'm so sorry that you're going through this, hon. How scary! I'm hoping and praying that your baby is fine. Thinking of you both! *HUGE HUGS*

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
May 6th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You do need to call the OB you may have a subchronic hemorage, or some other bleeding other than a miscarriage.
I know with all of my miscarriages the bleeding continued for until things were passed(except one but I was still pregnant with the twin).
Have the Dr's check you out to be sure what's going on. I having bleeding in every pregnancy even with the boys and this one, everytime I over do it and blood vessels on my cervix burst.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

May 6th, 2009, 05:48 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry!!! I'm praying that everything is ok.

May 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by megal40 View Post
I am so sorry that things are stressful right now. I just wanted to let you know that I had some dark bleeding/spotting when I was pg with DD. It was at about 9 weeks. I had a small panic attack since it was my first cycle after my D&C. The ultrasound showed a small pocket of blood that was caused by a tiny tear in the placenta away from the uterus wall when it was forming. I went on to have no other problems and a healthy little girl.
If you don't continue to bleed/spot I would take that as a good sign but still call your DR. They might want to check to make sure things are okay.

I will be thinking about you. KUP!!!!!
I'm not trying to give you false hope but like one of the other ladies I had bleeding at 8.5 weeks with my first pregnancy. I went to the doc and they got in me for an ultrasound the next day. The baby's heartbeat was going strongly and the tech could see a a tear in my... ? sorry can't remember the terminology... would it have been uterine wall?? where tissue had come away and she said that had caused the bleeding and that it was no big deal. I went on to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby boy. I would call your doc - I truly hope the baby is okay.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search