Lurker looking for answers please*Update in first post 5/12/09*

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I went to the hospital yesterday lightly bleeding they did an u/s saw the baby with a heatrate of 150 but it was irregular,I measured 6w1d.They also found anther possible sac and could not determine if it was another baby or not.What I am really worried about are my hcg beta.On 04/27 they were 2200.Yesterday 05/06/09 they only went to 2784 in ten days.I know that's not even close to doubling.Has anyone had this similiar experience and what was the outcome.I thank you in advance for and offerings or support(((hugs))).

**Update**
Iwas in the ER again Sunday for bleeding.They did a beta hcg and my level dropped to 2300 from 2784.They sent me home.I went for an u/s today and the baby had no heartbeat.It had passed away.I go tomorrow for a d&c.This is so devastating
*Another Update*
I had the d&c done,everything seem to go okay.I'm hang in there.I have cramps and bleeding.I feel a strong urge to try again like now(well when i quit bleeding) but don't know if that would be the right thing to do.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

Last edited by Loving6; May 12th, 2009 at 07:06 PM.
May 7th, 2009, 11:07 AM
megal40's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know about the hcg doubling or the second sac but I just wanted you to know that there are a lot of great ladies on this board that offer a lot of great input. Good luck. Feel free to stay on this board as long as you need!

May 7th, 2009, 11:25 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I wish I could give you some insight. It does seem strange that your levels haven't gone up more than that. Do you have a follow up appt iwht your OB? Or did they tell you to just wait it out?
May 7th, 2009, 12:00 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Sweetie. I have never had my HCG levels tested so I am not sure what your numbers mean. It looks though you had a good HB. We are here for you in whatever way we can be. Keep us updated, we are praying for you!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I've only had hcg tested to see if it was going down. I do know that with my second m/c it went up very slowly for a few days after I had lost the baby before it dropped quickly, but everyone, of course, it different. If they saw a heartbeat, especially at 150, that has to be great news...and depending on what the other sac they saw is/was, that could have an effect on your hcg levels. Sorry I can't be much help, but I'll say an extra prayer for you and your little bean!

May 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your levels really have me quite unsure of whats going on. Usually at your levels all you would see is a sac maybe with a yolk and fetal pole. Since your baby is measuring 6w1 day, thats good news. The irregular heart rate of 150, not sure what was the irregular part of that, is. Did it go from 100-150 during a short period? 150 is actually quite high for 6w1d, so that might be what he means by irregular.

Back to your levels, this increase over 10 days is very concerning and leaves much more room in 50/50 chance of m/c. But with that said, the other gestational sac that was found could be why your levels have not been increasing like they should. We had a girl in my DDC that possibly had a vanishing twin, and her levels actually stayed level for over a week. No increase/decrease. Then all of sudden she went in for a d&c and there was a baby with a strong h/b. They will need to investigate this much further. I dont think that hcg levels at this point will do you much good, as we have seen the baby and the h/b. They will need to follow up with an u/s to watch your babys h/b and see if it is stable.

Im so sorry you are going through this, and wish there were more answers than what ifs. I will say a prayer for your baby and you. KUP.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Your levels really have me quite unsure of whats going on. Usually at your levels all you would see is a sac maybe with a yolk and fetal pole. Since your baby is measuring 6w1 day, thats good news. The irregular heart rate of 150, not sure what was the irregular part of that, is. Did it go from 100-150 during a short period? 150 is actually quite high for 6w1d, so that might be what he means by irregular.

Back to your levels, this increase over 10 days is very concerning and leaves much more room in 50/50 chance of m/c. But with that said, the other gestational sac that was found could be why your levels have not been increasing like they should. We had a girl in my DDC that possibly had a vanishing twin, and her levels actually stayed level for over a week. No increase/decrease. Then all of sudden she went in for a d&c and there was a baby with a strong h/b. They will need to investigate this much further. I dont think that hcg levels at this point will do you much good, as we have seen the baby and the h/b. They will need to follow up with an u/s to watch your babys h/b and see if it is stable.

Im so sorry you are going through this, and wish there were more answers than what ifs. I will say a prayer for your baby and you. KUP.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 7th, 2009, 02:24 PM

May 7th, 2009, 02:24 PM

May 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any answers, but I just wanted to say that I'm keeping you and your baby in my T&P. Please KUP when you can, honey. *HUGS*

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 8th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with momof4lopez - could your first levels have actually been high for gestational age, ie. if initially there were two embryos. Could the light bleeding been the loss of a 2nd baby and so the hcg levels would be adjusting to one baby and therefore perhaps not showing as great a leap in hcg as you would expect. This is just my lay-person's view - I really hope everything is okay.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 8th, 2009, 04:08 AM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
hope all turns out well, hugs, I agree with the vanishing possible twin and HCG levels,it maks since, I wondered that for myself, but I think the HB sounds great

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
May 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I also think that mum74 has it. I really hope that everything is okay. Please update us when you get a chance!

May 8th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I go in Monday,my doctor is making me wait till then.I will have an ultrasound done.I wanted him to do another beta and I want a progesterone level check to see if that might be my problem.He won't order me one
Does anyone know of some over the counter progesterone cream I can use???

May 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know of a cream, I'm sorry. Can you go to a differant doctor who will do the levels for you? I can't believe that he is being so unreceptive to your needs

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 8th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving4 View Post
I go in Monday,my doctor is making me wait till then.I will have an ultrasound done.I wanted him to do another beta and I want a progesterone level check to see if that might be my problem.He won't order me one
Does anyone know of some over the counter progesterone cream I can use???
Have you ever had progesterone issues with your previous pregnancies? This may be why he is not prescribing the blood tests or meds. But since you have seen your baby on the u/s, that is why he feels that the blood tests are no longer the best way to monitor your pregnancy, as he should. You can go to the local health food store and purchase the cream, but honestly I think you would have to use a whole tub of it to get the affect of the medication, at least that was what I was told. Its Friday today, by Monday all of your answers will hopefully be answered, I would say wait it out. Not to sound negative, but if you have never had progesterone issues with previous babies, than most likely even it were low this time, the meds wont reverse a pregnancy that is not making it. Usually women whom have had multiple losses and not held a pregnancy without the supplement, would be the best candidates for this type of medication.

I speak only from experience. I have had 4 normal pregnancies with no progesterone problems. This last baby, I had low progesterone and the dr did not want to supplement me. I pushed the issue so much that he did wright the script, but was only for my peace of mind. The baby had a strong h/b at 6w4d of 133, and even with the supplements, I still lost the baby. My levels went from 8.7 to 26.5 in three days, but this just reiterated that the dr. was correct, the progesterone was low because the pregnancy was not good, not the other way around. Does any of this make sense?

May 8th, 2009, 02:02 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4lopez View Post
I speak only from experience. I have had 4 normal pregnancies with no progesterone problems. This last baby, I had low progesterone and the dr did not want to supplement me. I pushed the issue so much that he did wright the script, but was only for my peace of mind. The baby had a strong h/b at 6w4d of 133, and even with the supplements, I still lost the baby. My levels went from 8.7 to 26.5 in three days, but this just reiterated that the dr. was correct, the progesterone was low because the pregnancy was not good, not the other way around. Does any of this make sense?
You tried to tell me this very thing a few weeks ago but I was so thick headed I didn't fully get it. Now I understand. Thanks girly

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 8th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I guess I'm desperate.I feel like my OB is not doing enough!I know he can't save a bad egg but I want to know if it a hormonal issue.Before getting pregnant i had a short luteal phase of 6 days.I'm surprised I even got pregnant.I will have to put this in Gods hands.I've done all I could.

May 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM
It's perfectly normal and reasonable to want and need to know if you may have a hormonal issue that could cause a loss. I know you have a lot on your plate right now as you wait for Monday to come, but I think that if you feel that your needs aren't being met, then you should find a different doctor.

Thinking of you. *HUGS*

Visit
May 10th, 2009, 07:58 PM
going4it's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel like I am going through the exact same thing right now. My drs don't even want to see me until 5/18!! I'm calling monday and seeing if they can't at least do another blood draw.
(((((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))) to you and I hope that you get all your answers tomorrow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search