Two for Tuesday, one about your loss, one about you.

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
1. What was the nicest thing someone said to/did for you after your loss(es)?

2. Do you like to swim? Have you been able to go swimming yet?

__________________________________________________ _________

1. My brother, who lived 4 hours away, took a sick day and came with his family to spend the day with me the day after I delivered her. It was good to have family there, to cry with and be hugged by.

2. I don't actually swim, I just play/soak in the shallow water. But I love spending time in pools. Haven't been able to go yet, but our complex pool opens tomorrow!

May 19th, 2009, 10:00 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There were so many nice things! But I got some really thoughtful deliveries.... baskets of healing things, teas, loss books, etc. It was just so so heartwarming to have people rally around us like that.

I love swimming! The weather has been too up-and-down to go swimming yet though.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 19th, 2009, 03:11 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
1. One of my best friends sent me a card. it was sweet. She is one of the only people to recognize the loss. My little brother also called me and told me the he is there whenever I need him and that he loves me. My brother and I are close, but don't say things like that. It made me cry.

2. I LOVE to swim. I am a fish. I even have the webbed toes to prove it

May 19th, 2009, 08:14 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
1. My sister dropped everything to help me through the delivery. She stayed by my side throughout the whole delivery, and 13 weeks later she's still taking care of me. She brought blankets for Ethan, and took lots of pictures (because she called NILMDTS and they wouldn't come). Since she's a genetic counselor at the hospital where Ethan was born, she took charge of the genetic testing and autopsy process. She spent late nights in the medical library making sure that every possible cause was covered. She also found me an AHC specific support group.

2. I love to swim, but I HATE cold water! I'm such a sissy!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Proud Momma

Because we had to make the unimaginable decision of stopping Katrina from coming into this world b/c she had an extremely poor diagnosis, I felt VERY guilty for the longest time. When people told me that it was the most UNselfish thing we could do as parents for our daughter to let her go peacefully without a world of pain rather than be selfish and bring her into this world and let her suffer until she died a painful death.

Also just when people acknowledge her as my daughter makes me feel so nice inside.

Also to my family for being there throughout it all. And for my Mom and sister who stayed at the hospital the entire night and day just to be there for us.

I love swimming but hate wearing bathing suits. So I haven't gone swimming in a long time. I do miss it though. I told myself when I do have kids I won't care about how gross I feel in a bathing suit and won't miss out on swimming just b/c I'm self conscious .
May 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
There really were so many nice things. Flowers, well wishes, just an ear to listen to me talk was always one of the best.
I love lounging in the water but not really fond of swimming. I'll do it but I'm sure I look like I'm drowning when I do it
May 20th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
1. One of my good friends sent me flowers that were delivered yesterday. Another one of my best friends sent me a very thoughtful card that meant so much. I've been so appreciative of the help I've received as I recover. I'm unable to really care for my girls, so my mom is staying with me for the week, and my MIL is coming over every day to help as well.

2. I do enjoy swimming, haven't been recently though.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 20th, 2009, 11:14 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
1. What was the nicest thing someone said to/did for you after your loss(es)?My mom has done a few things in honor of the babies. Um...earrings for Mother's Day 08, ornaments for the babies Christmas 08, and dinner at Outback Mother's Day 09.
I can't swim, but I love being in the water.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search