Starting the process..... D&C

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2009, 12:05 PM
meganwi77's Avatar Super Mommy
Well it has officially started. This morning I went to my doctor and she inserted lamaria (spelling may be wrong) into my cervix to help it dilate for my D&C tomorrow morning. I am scheduled to have it done at 7:30 and I thought I had prepared myself for this, but the closer it gets the more upset and sad and scared I am getting. It was two weeks today that we found out that the baby didn't form and so I've been sitting here waiting and preparing for this to end since then. But one of the hard things is that my body doesn't realize it yet. I still feel pregnant, my hcg levels are still high. I have been going back and forth between feeling ready to move on emotionally and grieving. There are so many feelings that have been running through me that at times I just don't know what to say or how to feel. I know that people don't know what to say to me - but I have to vent that the thing that bothers me the most is when people tell me that maybe the doctors are wrong. I realize that they are trying to make me feel better, but for the most part I have come to terms with this and instead of somebody telling me that it all might be a mistake I need them to tell me that they are thinking about me and go on about their day. Anyways, I'll stop in tomorrow sometime. Please say some prayers for me

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

May 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I pray this experience is over quickly for you and that you recover quickly too. I can relate to your pain and feelings of betrayal. I wish there were the right words for this, but having gone through this too, I know there are not. We will be here for you when you get back.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 20th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I am sorry mama, and I hope this gets over with soon for you. I can relate a little. So far I do not need a D & C but I miscarried this morning and passed most of everything at home. I do not know what to think or feel. I am happy that I have 4 healthy children and sad that the baby couldn't grow like it should have. I'm so confused.
May 21st, 2009, 10:35 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
lots of prayers to you!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw my local doctor five days post d&c for antibiotics due to increased pain (like labour pains) just in case of infection. Anyway I had to spill all the details about the miscarriage and the look on his face when I said that I'd had no symptoms that anything was wrong but there was no heartbeat at my first scan (8.5wks)... I could almost hear him thinking the dates could have been wrong etc.. at the time I was confused by his quizzical look but then later I realised I hadn't told him that the heart cavity was dilated and that my Ob (who I have complete faith in) had done two ultrasounds and was 100% positive it was not a viable pregnancy. I know people are well-meaning, but for what you are about to go through, I also understand it's not what you need.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; May 21st, 2009 at 03:33 PM.
May 21st, 2009, 05:03 PM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Unfortunately I just had to go through a D&C on Friday due to a molar pregnancy. I'm so sorry you've been in a holding pattern. Please know that I'm thinking about you, and I wish no one would ever have to go through something like this.

May 21st, 2009, 05:44 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Many prayers for you. I am so sorry you are going through this. It is such a hard thing to deal with both emotionally and physically. We are here for you when you need us. We all truly understand. Again, I am so sorry.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way

May 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I'm so very sorry.I had a D&C on the 11th of this month and I felt so horrible like I was having an abortion and I wasn't!!!The baby had passed and it was not my fault.I can only cope knowing it was not my fault and I did everything in my power to provide a healthy body for the baby.I hope you can come to terms with this and cope.I pray you find peace!!!(((hugs)))

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

May 26th, 2009, 02:47 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I understand your anger. People in my old non-JM pregnancy group told me that the doctors could be wrong, that I was making the wrong decision (we induced delivery at 18 weeks - he was still alive, but only had a few weeks, and we wanted to end his considerable suffering). They called me a monster for "giving up on my baby". But we had an ultrasound and a medical expert. His birth defects were so severe even my husband and I could see them on the ultrasound. Why would I believe group-mates over the doctor?

Well we had an autopsy, and wouldn't you know it, the DOCTORS were right. He was much sicker than we realized. He only had days. I left that group, but I am sorely tempted to go back and tell the cruelest members that the doctors were right, and they can go to hell for calling me a monster.

Good luck with your D&C. I had one a week after my son was born, and I really think it made recovery easier.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 26th, 2009, 03:09 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Just checking to see how you are doing. It's been a few days since your D & C and I don't see an update. Let us know how you are feeling.
Thinking about you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search