New here - and now scared

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2009, 05:56 PM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just found out last Friday, when we should have been at least 9 weeks along with our first baby, that we actually had a molar pregnancy. Last Friday was just a disaster and the longest and hardest day of our lives. They told us because of the health implications to me now, that we would have to wait at least 6 months to TTC again. They said it was a partial molar.

Well, the hospital just called me while I was at work to tell me that it was actually a complete molar and I have to go in for bloodwork earlier than expected. I'm completely devastated. I immediately looked up the difference between a partial and complete, which I shouldn't have done, and now I'm really scared. Those cells were in me for two months - what if they spread? What if they didn't get it all out during the D&C? What if this turns into cancer? Will I ever get the family I've dreamed about since I was a little girl???

On top of that, I was finally coming to terms with the loss of our baby. Now I know that there never was a baby. And now I don't know how to feel. I don't really have the passing of any being to grieve, but I'm still so sad that this didn't "work out." Now we will probably have to wait at least a year to TTC again. This changes everything. I want nothing more than to break down and cry until I have no more tears left, but it seems like they'll always keep coming.

Has anyone else out there gone through this? A complete molar pregnancy? I go for more bloodwork tomorrow, and then our first follow up appointment since the D&C procedure on Tuesday. I really hope they can shed more light on this for me, because the not knowing what's going on in my body is what's scaring me the most.

May 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have not gone through this but wanted to say I am very sorry that you are dealing with such a terrible situation. (((Hugs)))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 21st, 2009, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry Ashley. It must be incredibly difficult to deal with all this because not only do you have your loss to grieve, but also having to deal with the implications to your own health and having to put off ttc for so long.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 21st, 2009, 09:02 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never experienced this type of pregnancy m/c, but have heard about it several times. My dr. did test for this with my last pregnancy, because he said even though I did not have the signs, he always wants to make sure there were no molar cells "lurking" in there.

When the dr.'s say there was no baby, this does not mean that you were not pregnant. Your egg did get fertilized and did implant in your womb. You carried this baby for over two months anticipating a little baby in the end. You have every right to morn its loss. Your loss is no less significant than any other loss here. The same would be of a blighted ovum where the baby does not develope beyond fertilization. There is still a baby that was concieved and very much wanted. Im so sorry for your loss and all of the ramifications that have come along with it. The important thing to do right now is focus on your own health and make sure you follow your doctors orders. My dr. did explain to me in detail what the process would be if mine were a molar, so I do know of what you are about to start and how scary it is.

Please know that even if you don't find to many women here in your exact situation, you are not alone and are very welcom to greive with us here. We will always recognize your baby and the future that was taken from you.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 21st, 2009, 10:07 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4lopez View Post
When the dr.'s say there was no baby, this does not mean that you were not pregnant.
I totally agree with this. It doesn't matter what medically there is or is not...you were pregnant. You lost all those hopes and dreams just like the rest of us.

I hope and pray that the D&C got all the cells, that it's not cancer, that you don't have to go through chemotherapy and all that jazz. It must be such a scary thing to have such implications on your health and your future.

If you would like, you should add your angel to our memorial list. Because you lost a baby as much as any of the rest of us. Just add your information to the sticky.

Again, I'm so sorry that you have to join us here but I am glad you found us.

May 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that the D&C removed everything. Please KUP when you can, hon.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 22nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I just wanted to add my prayers and my appologies. I hope that your TTC journey becomes so much smoother in the future

I want to add my prayers and appologies. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that your TTC journey becomes so much smoother for you

May 26th, 2009, 07:34 AM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the support ladies. I'm getting nervous for today. We have our first follow up appointment with the OBGyn since the procedure. There are so many questions we have, and I doubt they have many answers at this point in the process. I'm trying to prepare for a let-down, but unfortunately getting excited to know what exactly is going on in me. I'm torn. Please pray that it's a good meeting. Thank you again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search