Journaling or Blogging?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
When you experienced your loss, did you find that journaling about your feelings or blogging about them helped you to cope?

I started a blog years ago, but really haven't done much with it in the past year.... I've decided to start writing again, even if its just for myself (I don't expect anyone to really read it)... but maybe just writing down my emotions and feelings will help.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, you probably know my answer, lol. Writing has always helped me through things. I've kept a blog for YEARS (seriously a long, long time... probably over 8 or 9 years) and I just can't imagine coping without some sort of writing mechanism.

But, some people don't get much out of writing - my husband is one of those, it's too hard for him to put it all into words, he doesn't really do much emotional writing. And some people feel it's just too public, so they censor themselves, and that's not all that helpful either. Sometimes keeping a private journal, just a file on the computer, can be what you need.

I hope you find what works for you.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 23rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At first, I just poured everything out on paper. I kept it private because it felt more beneficial that way...I could be completely honest and say anything that I needed to without fear of judgement. Now I journal and I write letters to Autumn. I also pour a lot out here. It really did help me.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I wrote it all in a private journal. My blog now is for family, I started my first one when Erin was born called "Erin's Life" and then when I got pregnant again, I started a new one because it wasn't all about Erin anymore.

I do write about Cora on there though. Sometimes. My dad likes to say things along the lines of "aren't you over that yet?" so I know that if I do I have to be prepared for that.

May 25th, 2009, 06:11 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
My midwife told me that I should be writing about my loss. It never dawned on me until she said something.
I wrote everything down for months. I didn't blog or journal on the computer. I actually used good old pen and paper. I have kept all my journals in the box of momentos I had of Annika's stuff.

Personally, it was one of the best ways for me to channel my fears and frustrations. It's also one of the things I recommend to the members of the board. I have alway thought it is such a benefit in the healing process.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search