Mom Vent

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I spent the afternoon with my mom. We had a nice walk, nice dinner, and then went to the grocery store. At the store, my mom felt it necessary to point out EVERY single baby and make a comment on how lucky his/her grandparents are. She then went on and on about how lucky her neighbor is because she gets to be a grandma and how my mom doesn't think she will ever get to be a grandma and how she has given up any hope she had for me. Gee thanks,.Mom. The thing is, I know it's been over 3 months since my most recent lost and almost a year since my first two, but I still notice all the tiny babies and even little kids. Most days are good, but some days I still get sad that I don't have my own baby to hold. I don't need my mom to remind me. And I definitely don't need her trying to make me feel guilty because she isn't a grandma yet (I'm 24, my little brother is 22, she has plenty of time) and how I am ruining her life because of it. Grrr. Sorry to vent, I just needed to get it out somewhere. If you made it through my rambling, Thanks for reading

May 23rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, I'm sorry, honey. I'm sure your mom doesn't mean to hurt you, but I can totally understand how that must have made you feel.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 24th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think that's actually a bit mean of your Mom. Making it about HER, when she should be thinking about what you're feeling.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 24th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I totally agree with Lenore. Your mother has no right to make it all about her. And to say she's given up hope on you? Like she thinks its your fault you had to let go of your babies? That's just ridiculous. And so hurtful.

While it's nice to know she's grieving too, she shouldn't make it out like she's the only one. After all, they were your babies. I know grandparents love their grandchildren, but I think your pain is the worse here.

May 24th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I totally agree with Lenore. Your mother has no right to make it all about her. And to say she's given up hope on you? Like she thinks its your fault you had to let go of your babies? That's just ridiculous. And so hurtful.

While it's nice to know she's grieving too, she shouldn't make it out like she's the only one. After all, they were your babies. I know grandparents love their grandchildren, but I think your pain is the worse here.

May 24th, 2009, 12:33 PM
.adi.
Amy I have to say... I'm pissed at your mom. She's acting like you've told her repeatedly that you will never have a child and blahblahblahblah. You've had multiple losses and this last one was RECENT and you got pretty far in the pregnancy. What does she think you're doing? Dinking around? Honestly!

I'm horribly mad at your mom. She's acting like you lost your babies on purpose or something. GAHHHHH I'm mad! She's being disrespectful and rude and it's uncalled for! You need support not people telling you they lost hope in you. akldjfa;ljdf;aljf;alfjk
May 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Thank you all for your support. It just helps having a supportive ear

My mom, while she does have many lovely qualities, and I love her, is one of the most selfish people I know. She always has been. I'm usually very used to it, but this one crossed a line with me. She refuses to actually talk about my losses with me (she hates the father), which might make it a little different.

And Adi...yeah, I think she does think I'm dinking around. Sometimes, I'm pretty sure she thinks that this is one of those "mental" things and if I had tried harder or not screwed around as much...yeah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search