Update on me and baby bean

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2009, 12:27 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I followed up with my Dr and it urns out the blood was from the placenta separating from my uterine wall a little bit. My Dr is not concerned and said everything still looks great. We actually heard the heartbeat by Doppler which she said was a good sign for being only 9 weeks. We didn't hear it at first but she stuck her fingers up there like she would for an exam and pushed my uterus up above the pubic bone and we heard it. I didn't know that could be done but it is really neat, a little uncomfortable though but totally worth it to hear the little heart beating away. My dh is gonna clean out the baby's corner tonight so I can put the basinet in it and the extra dresser and start putting stuff up for baby!

Has anyone else experienced a slight separation of the placenta?? Just curious, thanks.
May 28th, 2009, 12:58 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Glad that you heard the heartbeat and I hope that things continue to progress well for you.
May 28th, 2009, 01:36 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I can't say I know anyone who had experienced that before-just glad to hear everything looks good.
Thanks for updating us!!
May 28th, 2009, 02:41 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear everything went well.

May 28th, 2009, 02:53 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hmmm, I think that friend of mine with the threatened miscarriage who just had her baby may have had placental separation, but I'm not sure and I can't ask her yet, she's busy being a new mom

I am VERY glad to hear that everything is okay!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 28th, 2009, 03:30 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Ive read somewhere here on the boards how the tear usually repairs itself this early on. God bless your good news today. Try to take it easy, did the dr put you on any restrictions?

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Laydii_cintah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Laydii_cintah
I'm glad your appointment went well. When I was pregnant with my first, my doctor did the same thing to find his heartbeat.

May 28th, 2009, 05:23 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, I was told if I start spotting to lay back for a day or so just in case but I can go back to my normal activities. Not sure how I feel about sex though and thankfully dh is just as worried and hasnt asked for it
May 28th, 2009, 05:43 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did he say it was placenta previa? That is what it sounds like to me. I had the same thing happen with my middle son and was put on bed rest for 5 months. It eventually healed on it's own and he is a healthy, very loud, running around my house with water balloons right now, about to get in a lot of trouble 16 year old

Fantastic news!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Lauren, I'm so glad that your little fighter is ok!!!!

I may have read about something similar to what you experienced, but I can't really remember.

I hope that you don't have anymore scares!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search