16 weeks & found out today update

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Super Mommy
I just came home from the hospital. After hearing my baby's heartbeat Saturday, I could not find it the past 2 days on my home dopper. Went to the dr. where he could not find the heartbeat on his u/s machine. Went to the ER where they confirmed that, though my baby measures 17 weeks, he/she has no heartbeat.

Doc wants me to have a D&E. I want to deliver & see my baby. Has anyone done this at this stage?

I have a siggy, but it has my pg info in it so I'll keep it out until I change it.

Jenny

Update:

When my Dr. calls today, I'm going to tell them that this cannot wait. I haven't slept more than 2 hours overnight and am crying nonstop. Dh & I have been looking at photos of babies that were born too soon in order to prepare for what we will see. It has been very helpful. I'm charging my camera battery and want to take pictures of my baby. Do you think we will be able to tell the sex visually at 17 weeks?

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

Last edited by kittyshaye; June 9th, 2009 at 05:26 AM.
June 8th, 2009, 07:56 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jenny, god Im so sorry for this loss, words cannot describe it. If wanting to deliver at this stage is what you want, than by all means you should. The dr. probably suggested the d&e to spare you any suffering. But I have no experience in this stage of pregnancy to offer any real opinions. I know others here will, but just want to say that you are welcome here and I/we will be here for your support. You are not alone in this journey, though at times you will feel this way. Please keep us updated as to your health and mental state, and we will if nothing else, be here for you, night and day. God bless you and your family.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you for the kind words. My Dr. called and he said they will induce me sometime this week. He's thinking Thursday. I wish it could be sooner With every twitch of my abdomen, my hopes get up that both ultrasounds were wrong. (even though I saw with my own eyes that there was no heartbeat anymore)
June 8th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
First of all, I'm so sorry honey. I know what that ultrasound is like, and to hope those hopes. I did that.

There are some girls on the stillbirth board who delivered around 18 weeks, so you are more than welcome to also pose questions there.

Are they really going to make you wait until Thursday? I confirmed Cora was gone around 2pm and couldn't get in until the next morning and that was h*** enough. As it was, I bumped another scheduled induction.

June 8th, 2009, 11:49 PM
TurnAround
I am so sorry for your loss. The ladies on this board are wonderful.
I can not imagine what you are going through at this point. If you want to deliver, then by all means go ahead, I just can't believe they are making you wait until Thursday.

I've had 2 losses, one in 2007 (no idea i was pg) and the other in 2008 where I was 9 weeks.

:doghug:

My heart is bleeding for you right now.
June 9th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
June 9th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((HUGS)) I am so sorry. Take lots of pictures, make a box for your baby. Get as much help from family and friends as possible. You are in my prayers.

I delivered twins that were lost at 16 wks. My Dr. allowed delivery. It's one of the hardest things I have ever had to do but it was a blessing to see them.
June 9th, 2009, 05:36 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jenny, Im glad you called your dr. and asked him to make this STAT. And yes, you should be able to visually see the sex of the baby at this point. I cant believe you have to think about something such as this. Make sure you ask your dr. about a small amount of sleeping pills to bring home with you. My dr. would only give me 5 pills, but I was so greatfull for them. I only ended up using 3 of them the first few nights, and they really helped. Pictures are something I would probably want myself, and many other women can share their experiences of that here as well. Please take all the time you need, and remeber we will be here for you when your ready to share this with us. God bless you.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 9th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I totally agree with everything Lori said. Yes, take pictures. There are some people who haven't been in this situation who have vile things to say, but having been there...you will treasure every one.

Have a nurse or someone take a picture of both you and your husband holding the baby together. I didn't, and I deeply wish I had. If you have other children as well. Take a whole family picture.

And again, there is a picture thread in the stillbirth board, that has some of our ladies babies that were born around that gestation.

June 9th, 2009, 07:16 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Oh Jenny. I am so sorry for your loss. No one should ever have to be on any of these boards. Like Brittanie The ladies at the Stillbirth board can probably help prepare you more than most of the M/C girls.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

June 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Also ask the Dr for something like a prescrption for Valium, trust me you will need something for the first few days. Don't let them tell you what to do, some nurses are very rude and don't think at 16 wks it's a baby and will be rude about you wanting to hold the baby.
(((HUGS)))
June 9th, 2009, 02:17 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Actually, you should prepare for the fact that the sex may not actually be determined visually, just in case. I delivered at 18 weeks (but he was the size of a 16 week old) and I was shocked when they warned us that they would not be able to tell the sex visually. Luckily for us, my son's were big enough to be seen. If they can't tell visually, they'll do a genetic test for you.

I recommend getting an epidural. It was much better than the pain meds.

I am so sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can do please let me know. The girls here are so wonderful.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

June 9th, 2009, 05:34 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jenny, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and your family.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
June 9th, 2009, 05:38 PM
jaypbee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my heart is just breaking for you and your family. i'm so, so sorry for your loss...

June 10th, 2009, 11:27 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss.....you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

June 10th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

June 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jenny - I am soooooo sorry. You and I were due right around the same time. Take the others advice and get sleeping pills to take home with you. Even if you don't end up needing them you may be glad you have them with you. This is so sad, I wish I could take your pain away. We are here for you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search