Big Envelope! Off Topic

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I shared on a board here about how when my dh got laid of he decided to try and become a police officer. I can't remember which board but I want to share some potentially good news. There are something like 8 steps that he has to go through before he can become an officer and the second one is taking an aptitude test which he took on May 20th. We have been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the results. Everyday since the 20th we have been keeping an eye on the mailman and we rush out to see if it came and it finally did today... I can't open it and Dh is at work (he got that fulltime job) and I'm going crazy to see what his results are. He said it was the hardest test he's ever taken in his life and apparantly when they make the test they make it impossible to finish. It's a test in a test, they want to see how you react under stress and to see how hard you try to finish. A friend of his family is a cop and he said the recruiting process is all a big game but anyway... The envelope that came today is a big envelope. He had to have passed because why would they send a big thick envelope if he failed? The next step is a questionaire that he has to fill out which would be getting mailed so I'm thinking this might be the questionaire. I'm going crazy waiting! I really hope he comes home for luch today because if he doesn't I might not be able to stop myself from hunting for his new workplace... I have a vaugue idea of where it is but I would have no idea where to find him. I really hope he comes home! I'm so excited and nervous!

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

June 10th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Ryleeroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like good news is coming your way!!!!!!!! Good Luck DH! kup!
McKenna Claire 3-12-2010
Angel in Heaven 3/16/2011- 12.3 weeks
June 10th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It was the selection package! Yay! It didn't come with his results but at least we know he passed. I hope we find out soon what his score was, I'm curious to see how well he did. Now he has to fill out a questionnaire, get fingerprinted and get an eye exam. He also has to do the physical test and get his first aid certificate. This part is going to suck because it takes about 6 months to get through. We've been told that the whole application process takes about 9 months and we're only a month into it. Oh well... it will all be worth it if he gets through it.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

June 10th, 2009, 08:52 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 10th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
That's awesome! Congrats to him, to both of you!

June 10th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great news - would have been so nervewracking not knowing what was in the envelope! AT least it was a big one - if it had been a small, thin envelope you probably would have felt worse waiting for dh to get home...

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
June 12th, 2009, 07:06 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations to your DH!!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search