what do i do.... updated

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
i'm soo sad, i found out yesterday that i lost our baby...i'm 15weeks today, it was a normal visit to the midwife and i invited my mother-in-law who is visiting for out of state to hear the heartbeat. my midwife couldn't find it with the doppler and she said she was going to send my for an u/s right away just to be on the safe side but she said not to worry b/c they can still hide at this size....i watched them do the u/s and i've had enough to know what was going on and i saw the dead line of the heartbeat....i knew, ijust knew....thank god my mother in law was there, my hubby had to work and i would have been all alone...they were going to send me to the er i was such a mess and i had had a really bad headache before i had my appointment and it just got so much worse...i felt like i was going to die from the pain, but i just wanted to go home....anyways....my midwife sends me home to talk to nate and make some plans and i called her to sched. the d&c she said not to eat after midnight so they could get my in for surgery this morning, i go in at 10 b/c they forgot to call at 8 to tell me to come in at 9 b/c it was the only time they could get in so not i have to carry this baby thats gone for 2 more days when they can hopefully get me in....how long can this last, i wanna go back to yesterday morning when i thought everthing was fine........i had no idea....no pain or bleeding! how can this happen?!? the midwife told me it happened last week....but i could have sworn that i felt the baby move for the first time this weekend, i just dont understand.........

First let me say thanks you all for the support.
I'm doing much better today, i ended up not needing the D&C b/c last night my water broke and i delivered at home...we all freaked b/c we didn't know that that would happen, called 911 and headed to to hospital...they let us see him! it was a BOY! what a weird mix of happy and sad feelings we had....he was so beautiful all 10 fingers and toes knee caps and everything! We Named him Carson Avery i love and miss him so much already! the hospital gave us his foot prinnts in clay and let us hold him.....a moment i want never to forget!

Last edited by sharilyn; June 12th, 2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Update...
June 10th, 2009, 03:18 PM
jaypbee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am so, so sorry for your loss. i can't even imagine making it that far, only to lose your baby. we lost ours at the end of may at 8 weeks 3 days. i had no pain or bleeding either, had tons of pg symptoms to boot. i hope your surgery goes well.

June 10th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Veteran
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. I will keep you in my thought and prayers.
June 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm so sorry honey. It's always a shock, I think. It feels like your world is falling apart.

As for the movement, I don't know. There is a lot of amniotic fluid, so the baby still "floats and bumps" if that makes sense. That could have been what you felt.

I'm sorry that they can't get you in right away. If there is any way, I'd ask for some sort of sleep aid. You're probably going to need it.

June 10th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

June 10th, 2009, 08:30 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sharillyn, Im so sorry for this heart breaking news. The baby might of measured small today, so there is really no way to tell when the heart stopped beating. You very well may of felt him/her move this weekend for the first time. Since no one knows for sure, hang on to that memory. I hope your surgery go's by with no pain pysically and you have alot of family to help you and your husband through this difficult time. When it seams no one can relate to this, we can, and will be here for you. Take care of yourself dear, Im so sorry.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 10th, 2009, 08:46 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The girls above said it all. I am so sorry you have to go through this. When I lost my baby I was in complete shock. I brought my son with me so he could be a part of the pregnancy and part of his brother/sisters life from the beginning. I remember telling the tech she must be wrong and making this horrible groaning noise, like I wasn't really there and it was all a nightmare I would wake up from. Get sleeping pills and if they won't give them to you Tylenol PM worked ok for me. We understand the pain and anguish you are going through. I am so sorry. We are here for you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 11th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your MIL was there to comfort you.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
June 11th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
you are in my thoughts and prayers.
June 11th, 2009, 11:58 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Your in my thoughts. I hope your surgery goes ok and you can begin to heal physically.
June 12th, 2009, 05:47 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I am so sorry for you. my heart just aches knowing that you lost your baby. So often we hear that you're safe once you're out of the 1st tri...not always the case. HUGS
June 12th, 2009, 08:28 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww sweetie I am so sorry.... It is so not easy to go through this.. I am glad that you have family support.. That helped me so much.... WE are all here if you need to talk.. I know talking about it and writing poems and blogs helped so much.. Don't be afraid to cry and let it all out, and do try to get some rest.. That is very important.. HUGS!!!
June 12th, 2009, 07:03 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, hon. You and your family are in my T&P.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search