I don't know if I'm miscarrying or not

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM
Veteran
ugh. so I was supposed to get my period May 7th. When I was 10 days late, I went to my doctor (a traditional chinese dr.) and he took my pulses, checked my tongue, etc and told me I was pregnant because he heard a second pulse starting, but he felt like the soul was on the edge of deciding to come or not. I had taken multiple pregnancy tests but they were all negative (i'm a late ovulator, last time I was pg i didn't get a positive until 2 weeks after my missed period).

2 days later, when I was 12 days late, I started spotting. The spotting continued and went to lightish bleeding, hardly any clots, didn't even soak a light tampon. I'm still spotting slightly on the fourth day, but it's been like... nothing. It's been like spotting for four days. How could this be a miscarriage?? I've had one before and it was horrible, intense heavy cramping, fainting, nausea,dizziness-- this was lighter than my periods and hardly ANY pain.. just weird poking feelings down there.

So now... I'm exactly 2 weeks past when my period was due. I'm thinking of taking another pg test to see if maybe I am pregnant still... I dont know!!! My boobs are still big but they're not as sore anymore, and im still a little nauseous feeling. I had full on pregnancy symptoms and it seems like they're decreasing
June 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
If it's that early, then it would could be early enough to be a "chemical pregnancy." It's still a miscarriage, but usually early enough that you don't have much different than a normal period. I think I'd take another test, just to see what's going on.

If it's light spotting like that, it's possible that you are pregnant and not miscarrying. I spotted like that with both my first two pregnancies. And as for your symptoms, they do come and go.

So, take a test so that you can at least get a baseline.

June 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Please KUP, hon!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
June 21st, 2009, 11:23 PM
Veteran
I'm seeing my doctor (alternative traditional chinese doctor/acupuncturist) on wednesday... i'll be able to find out then whether i'm still pregnant or not. I may get another test, just dont want to waste the money, ive already spent like 50 bucks on tests!!
June 22nd, 2009, 07:18 AM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a dollar store around you? They usually carry p/g tests and they're only a buck.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

June 22nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
It could be implantion bleeding. I agree- go to the Dollar store buy some of those pg tests. That's where all of mine are from and they do the trick!

Just to let you know-many ladies do bleed early on in a pg. I even bleed very heavily( arournd wk 10-11) too the point it was gushing and never m/c.

Definately keep up updated. HUGS
June 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
It could be implantion bleeding. I agree- go to the Dollar store buy some of those pg tests. That's where all of mine are from and they do the trick!

Just to let you know-many ladies do bleed early on in a pg. I even bleed very heavily( arournd wk 10-11) too the point it was gushing and never m/c.

June 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM

June 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I hope you gets some answers.. the ladies have brought up everything I can think of it being.... Dollar store tests are great... KUP...

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
June 22nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Veteran
It could be implantation bleeding? You mean the egg could take as long as 2 weeks after my missed period to implant in my uterus? Last pregnancy I didn't get a positive until 2 weeks late, maybe that's happening again?

I'm going to the dollar store in a bit to get some more tests. I'm just spotting now, I've had no cramps or anything .. this is so weird. My breasts are still swollen and tender as well.
June 22nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Just checking in, Did you retest??

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
June 22nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
Veteran
No, I didn't get a chance to go to the store, I'm going to try and go tomorrow AM before I pee. I'm not spotting at all now... so here's the timeline

Thursday the 18th- starting spotting at 2AM (pink)
Friday the 19th- spotting, getting slightly heavier, but still not as much as a period (red)
Saturday the 20th- spotting, lighter-(pink)
Sunday the 21st- barely spotting at all, brown
Monday the 22nd- barely spotting at all, brown, now almost midnight and nothing

Cervix is really soft and high and feels more closed than open. Breasts still swollen and tender, still feel bloated and nauseous/hungry in the morning. idk what is going on...

I never got a positive keep in mind, on Thursday I was 6/7 days late. My last pregnancy I didn't get a positive til 2 weeks late, which would be this Wednesday or so for this one.
June 23rd, 2009, 04:40 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you didn't ovulate until 2 weeks later, then yes, you wouldn't get a positive test until 2 weeks after your missed period. Do you know when you ovulated?

Unfortunately there's really no way to know what's going on in there unless you get a blood pregnancy test (HCG beta) or a positive pregnancy test.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
KUP.... I'm thinking about you... HUGS

June 23rd, 2009, 12:11 PM
Veteran
I took a digital test... negative. I'm just going to go with " not pregnant" because so far.. that seems the most likely answer. all my symptoms are decreasing.... so it's over.
June 23rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm sorry honey.

June 23rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am very sorry for your loss. I have had a couple of Chemical Pregnancies and they are just as painful emotionally. (HUGS)

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search