How long till my HCG is gone?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 03:28 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I don't know what compels me to continue testing, but I want to know when my body is ready to ovulate and I know it won't ovulate till the HCG is gone. Today makes 7 days since my loss, but my pee sticks are still showing up really positive. They are more positive today than they were when I first tested positive at 12DPO. I'm getting really annoyed.

As much as I love seeing two lines, right now I really want to see one line.
April 1st, 2010, 05:36 PM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been testing positive for 15 weeks and 1 day SINCE my m/c. I m/c at 15w4d. I was induced (went through L&D) and found out that I needed a D&C. I had a partial molar pg. so that is the reason why mine is taking so long. I have to get bw done every week until I reach neg. Then once I reach neg. I have to get it done for a total of 6 months which will end up being about 12 blood draws. I have had 3 chemo injections and may need more if my level rises or plateaus.

If you have a "normal" m/c that it usually only takes a few weeks some ppl it doesn't even take that long. Sorry for using the word normal. That is what my dr. told me. They said I didn't have a normal m/c.

Sorry it is taking so long for you. I do the same thing with tests at home though.

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
April 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Rachel. I know you know I'm having the same issue. I hope we both get BFNs real soon!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 1st, 2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks Lisa. I'm sorry you're still dealing with HCG too. I hope yours are negative soon.

Yes, Judy. I saw your post. I actually wasn't lurking, just hit the New Post button and happened to see your post and it was just minutes after I posted here. Funny how similar our miscarriages have been. I hate that we are both dealing with it, but happy to have someone who understands.

My level was so high though, so I know it's going to take me longer to get to 0 and it's slowing me down and depressing me.
April 1st, 2010, 06:56 PM
Rachel- I know you have prob. posted it somewhere but did they say what type of m/c you had? Also what was your last hcg level?

Molar pregnancies ppl can end up with hcg in hundreds of thousands to million even. I don't know how high mine was prior to my d&c b/c they quit taking bw at like 7w. Then it was even like 70,000 I think. I would have to go back and look. I m/c on 12/16/09. Was induced that very same day and didn't have bw done until 1/25 and my hcg was 434. 3/29 my hcg was at 45. Are you have a dr. monitor your hcg?

Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

Mommy loves you!

April 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG825 View Post
Rachel- I know you have prob. posted it somewhere but did they say what type of m/c you had? Also what was your last hcg level?

Molar pregnancies ppl can end up with hcg in hundreds of thousands to million even. I don't know how high mine was prior to my d&c b/c they quit taking bw at like 7w. Then it was even like 70,000 I think. I would have to go back and look. I m/c on 12/16/09. Was induced that very same day and didn't have bw done until 1/25 and my hcg was 434. 3/29 my hcg was at 45. Are you have a dr. monitor your hcg?
He called it a complete miscarriage. There was nothing in my uterus by the time I had the scan at the ER. I passed a few really big clots when I first started bleeding, so I think it happened all at once. I never had any cramping or anything. Just started bleeding and it was over.

My HCG was at 6500 when I was in the ER. I had bloodwork done when I had my pregnancy confirmed at 4 weeks, but I don't know what the level was then. I asked the doctor about checking my levels to see if they were dropping and he said we could, but he was certain that they would drop on their own since there was nothing to be seen on ultrasound and he thought there was no residual tissue in my uterus. I have to see him again on April 13th. He said he'd do a urine pregnancy test that day to make sure they had dropped, but if I wanted to get bloodwork prior to that, I could call him and he'd send me to the lab. I may go ahead and call him next week so that I know the what the levels are prior to seeing him. If I end up needing a D&C, I'd like to get it done sooner rather than later, kwim?

ETA: When my daughter had her m/c last May, her levels stayed around 1400. They would drop and then rise and then drop again, but they never went lower than 1200. She ended up needing a D&C.
April 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM
yeah if you can get it, I would def. get the bw. It will give you the exact number and everything. Because of the type of m/c I had if my level rises and doesn't get taken care of I run a chance of getting cancer. I don't know what I am going to do b/c my insurance ran out yesterday. BW costs about $150 and I have to get it done every week until I reach neg. Then I have to get 3 more weekly draws, 2x a month for 2 months and then 1x a month for 3 months. Then according to another dr. I would need 1 every 3 months for 2x and then every 6 months for 2x. All together bw for 2 years.

Mommy loves you!

April 1st, 2010, 07:35 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Everyone is so different when it comes to HCG. I have never had mine tested after my D&C's and never tested at home . So I am probably not much help. I usually just figure when I stop bleeding I must be done, and then when I get my period I figure I am back onto my regular cycles. I am probably no help. I do know that sometimes people get "stuck". If you are worried I would for sure check with the DR to see if they can monitor it. I would think that anywhere from 2-6 weeks would be a normal range of times for dropping HCG. :hugs: I wish I had better information for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM
I will say that even if you get a period there is still a chance that you are not neg. I got my period and my hcg was at 71. It would still be a good idea to either do a hpt or bw after your period. If you are not neg. before your period.

Mommy loves you!

April 1st, 2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks ladies! I think I will definitely get in for blood work before my appointment. I will just feel better knowing what the numbers are doing.
April 1st, 2010, 08:12 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My HCG was around 6000 when I m/c on February 1. It was down to 2 by February 22.
April 1st, 2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswife View Post
My HCG was around 6000 when I m/c on February 1. It was down to 2 by February 22.
Thanks. That's very helpful.
April 2nd, 2010, 12:31 AM
nutmeg116's Avatar Regular
My hcg was around 8,000 at 6w2d, the day I miscarried. Ten days later it was I think 35, and when they tested it again a week later it was 2. I kind of cheated though, I got a couple cheapie tests and didn't go back for the last bloodwork until the cheapies were coming up negative. I didn't want to have to do the final bloodwork more than once.

April 2nd, 2010, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm think I'm going in for a beta late next week.
I hope your levels come down quickly.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 2nd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
With my last m/c in Aug... My levels never got higher than 96.... but it took my body over 5 weeks to get that level down to 0..... I had two day s of light bleeding that droped my levels to 56... than it was a long 5 weeks... until I finally tested 0.. and AF came with 24 hours.. They continued to check my blood every week... and with every + blood work they pushed for a d/c... but It took my body over 5 months to get back to normal after my d/c in Feb.. I really didn't want to go through that again.

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
April 2nd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Well I called my doc today. Last night my bleeding started to get heavy again and I'm passing clots again. My boobs are still sore and I'm still nauseated often. He sent me for lab work, but I doubt I'll hear from him till Monday.
April 3rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With my first m/c the first blood draw was around 1000 (they said the level if I was 3-4 weeks along). The second blood draw I was back to normal. I was around 5-6 weeks along.

They didn't do any blood work this time around - said it wasn't neccesary since I passed the baby in the office and u/s indicated no sign of pregnancy left (as the doc said, "this is what you'd see as a woman is starting her period."). I will ask about blood work at my follow up on the 15th. I'm also planning to ask about other blood work/testing then also.
April 3rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
Did you ever get your results back yet?

You mentioned that your daughter had a m/c before and she had problems with her level. Did they ever tell her what type of m/c she had?

Mommy loves you!

April 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM
aitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You might be a while. It's frustrating especially when you just want to get life back to as normal as possible but it will come down.

I had a missed miscarriage toward the end of February and my betas still aren't down.
April 5th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG825 View Post
Did you ever get your results back yet?

You mentioned that your daughter had a m/c before and she had problems with her level. Did they ever tell her what type of m/c she had?
He didn't call me today. I will call them tomorrow. I got my blood drawn late Friday afternoon, so they might not have the #'s back. Especially with the holiday weekend and all.

Sarah had a missed miscarriage. She started bleeding at 7 weeks, but her numbers were like 1400 or something like that, which was low. There was nothing except an empty sac on ultrasound. When she went to the doctors later that week, her levels were 1500 and then 48 hours later 1200 and then another 48 hours later 1300. She ended up having a D&C after about 10 days. She never went back for her follow-up appt., so I'm not sure when her levels finally went down. She wasn't TTC so she started BC again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aitch View Post
You might be a while. It's frustrating especially when you just want to get life back to as normal as possible but it will come down.

I had a missed miscarriage toward the end of February and my betas still aren't down.
Thanks. My bleeding has almost stopped again, so I'm hoping they are finally down. I'm going to take one last test tomorrow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search