My Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy :-(

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry this is so long..

We found out we were expecting baby #2 on 10/25/2010 and were filled with joy. And because we didn't have any problems with our 1st pregnancy we decided to tell everyone once we received my second hCG results. Sadly at 12:30am on 11/06 I began bleeding and passed a few small clots so I took a quick shower, dried my eyes and drove to the ER. My hCG had more than doubled since my last test 2 days prior. It was now 1200 so they sent me for a transvaginal u/s, but told me they believed it was still too early to see anything. I was told to follow up with my OB on Monday unless my bleeding or pain got worst. It felt like Monday would never come... My bleeding turned to spotting which I believed was a good sign. Little did I know, my heart would be broken forever in a few short hours.

I didn't sleep at all Sunday night. I stayed up all night doing research about bleeding during early pregnancy and watch videos of women who had bleeding on youtube. I was looking for hope anywhere I could. On 11/08 I went to my OB/GYN office, and as soon as I got there they took blood to see where my levels were because they thought I may have been miscarriage. While I waited for the ultrasound tech to call my name, I remember feeling so scared, yet excited to see my little baby on that screen. I went back and as soon as she inserted the prob I could see my beautiful little yolk sac! I was so excited, but then she began to explain what we were looking at. As soon as she said "The baby implanted in your cervix and is not viable..." I lost it. Tears began to run down my face and I could actually feel my heart breaking. I was in shock and could barely breath. With tears in her eyes she told me I could sit up, and gave me a hug. I was then taken to a grieving room until the doctor could come talk to me. I feel so blessed to have had such a caring and sensitive u/s tech. She was very calm and took her time explaining everything she found on the u/s.

I was crying so hard I couldn't even talk, so I had to text my husband, best friend and cousin while I waited. About ten min later the doctor came in and explained that this pregnancy would have to be terminated because it would not survive in my cervix. And that that was what was causing me pain and bleeding. She was very compassionate, but her 7 month pregnant belly wasn't helping... She told me my hCG had gone from 1200 to 2500 in just 1 1/2 days and that I needed to be treated right away. So, the nurse brought in the 2 shots of Methotrexate and put one shot in each hip. I was weeping the whole time. I felt so guilty... This baby was alive and thriving, but would eventually die and could possibly cause me to lose my uterus or even kill me.

The drive home felt like surreal. Why me? As soon as I got home I started researching on the internet about Cervical Pregnancies and and the MTX shot. I was even more surprised to read that Cervical Ectopic Pregnancies account for 0.1% of all ecptopic pregnancy and were very dangerous. D&C is a very last option for a CEP because of the amount of blood flow through the cervix. Again why me? I could barely find anything on CEP, and began to get very frustrated. Fast forward to 11/12 - I had been having awful cramping off an on, almost like moderate contractions. I began bleeding heavily and passed 3 medium sized clots and called my OB right away when I passed the 4th one which was the size of my palm! She told me to go to the ER and I was admitted for observation. I was so tired, scared and upset that when my OB came to talk to me I begged for a D&C. I told her I emotionally couldn't handle seeing the blood and clots, but she said she just didn't think it was the right choice for my body at the time and assured me I was a strong woman and in a few weeks I'd be thankful. My hCG was 4000 but she said it was expected to go up a little and not to worry, that they'd test me again in 2 days.

I went in Monday 11/14 for another u/s and to check my levels again and although the yolk sac was still there it hadn't grown at all, which was good news. And thankfully, my levels went down from 4000 to 1200!! My doctor was so relieved, because she know how much pain I was in physically and emotionally. Today is 11/18 and I'm still bleeding like a period, but thankfully haven't had anymore big clots. I have good moments and really bad moments and moments where I'm mentally not even here. I was so angry yesterday and cried for most of the day. Today I feel better, but my heart is still aching. When will this nightmare be over? I'm tried of the bleeding, the discomfort (even on Vicodine!) and the mood swings.

Thank you for allowing me to share my story.

How long did it take for your levels to reach 0 after the MTX shot for your ectopic pregnancy?

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

November 21st, 2010, 08:44 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope the pain decreases and that you start feeling better at least physically. I am glad your levels are going down that is a good sign. We are here anytime you need to talk, vent, cry or just anything you want to share. I pray this will pass quickly.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a cervical pregnancy a few months ago so I know exactly what you are going through. Only my doctor did a D&E right away with how much blood I was losing. The blood clots were so scary, they were so huge that I was shocked. ((Hugs))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM
Thank you for your kind words Jessi, I can feel your sympathy in your post to me. <3

Missy~ Sending you BIG tomorrow on your Angel's EDD. If you need to talk I'm here for you.

How far along were you? Would you be willing to possibly share your story on my Blog once I get it started? It's for women who have ever been diagnosed with a cervical pregnancy. When I found out I tried finding women in my same situation and the only thing I could find were Case Studies.

Last edited by hotpinktulips; November 21st, 2010 at 09:43 PM.
November 22nd, 2010, 06:03 AM
Sillylittlefishey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss!!

We also didn't expect a loss after having two healthy full term pregnancies and had just started telling everyone the news...when I woke up bleeding and had to go to the ER...only to see that our baby's heart had stopped beating for some unknown reason.

I know that must have been so heartbreaking to see that your baby was doing well and had to end it anyway.

I have never had the MX shot so unfortunately I have advice there...I bled for about 6 days with my natural miscarriage though. And I understand how hard it is to see the blood and know that it's your baby leaving you.

I've had several days of crying and have been an emotional roller coaster. I'm starting to find peace but I still have trouble getting out of bed every morning thinking that our baby should still be inside me growing and thriving.

I'm always here if you need to talk!!

(((Hugs)))

November 22nd, 2010, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've never experienced this type of loss and my heart bleeds for all the pain you went through. HUGS!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

November 22nd, 2010, 08:14 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
*hugs* I am so sorry

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
November 23rd, 2010, 12:39 AM
Heidi ~ Thank your for your kind words and support! Hope you're doing well.

Tanya ~ Your response warmed my heart. Thank you

Melissa ~ Thank you, my thoughts were with you today on your Angel's EDD.

February 20th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hello,
I just found out that my baby was a cervical ectopic. It has been so difficult to come to terms with the emotional pain that I am going through. I am trying to be strong but it has been an up and down roller coaster. I was so happy to finally find someone who went through the same thing that I went through as cervival ectopics are so rare. I feel your pain and can certainly relate to all that you went through and are maybe still going through. It was so hard to see my child on the ultrasound and then be told that the pregnancy was not viable. Everyone is trying to be supportive but I sometimes feel that they just don't get it. It really hurts especially when I see all the clots coming out after being given the mtx shot. It is so emotionally draining to see that. It feels like a piece of my child is coming out each time. I know that everything is decided by God but sometimes I cannot help question why this happened and why me. Right now I am leaning heavily on my faith to make it through this time but it is hard.I just hope that it gets better with time as everyone keeps telling me. Thank you for creating this blog and I hope that now that some time has passed that you are doing better. I will keep you in my prayers..................
February 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpinktulips View Post
Melissa ~ Thank you, my thoughts were with you today on your Angel's EDD.
I am just now seeing this...but thank you...I appreciate it

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop

Tags
cervical , ectopic , loss , miscarriage , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search