New to the Group

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2012, 03:50 PM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
I also posted this in the TTCAL board:

Hi Everyone,
Here is my story:
I went for my routine first check-up on Monday. The doctor tried to listen for the baby's heartbeat but she couldn't find it. She sent me for an u/s. The U/S revealed that there were two empty gestational sacs. I had to go and get my HCG levels taken and then again yesterday. The doctor's office called me today and told me that my levels have dropped. They still want me to go for one more HCG check tomorrow and then for an U/S on Monday. I started cramping last night and I am spotting today.

My heart is breaking but I look at my three beautiful little girls and I feel very lucky. I am hoping that once this process is over, I will be able to add our fourth miracle to our family.

April 26th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Again, I'm so sorry for the loss of your twins. You are an amazing person and I don't know why this happened to you (or any of us) but I do believe you will have your fourth little miracle soon. They say that most women fall pregnant again within 6 months of a loss, so I hope that holds true for you, too.
April 26th, 2012, 08:26 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I am so sorry for your double loss.

April 27th, 2012, 08:21 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry to hear this is happening to you!
Great big

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Here is an update:

It has been a long 24 hours. Last night I ended up in the ER because I started bleeding really bad. I had to have an D & E done right away because I was not able to pass everything. I had to stay over night and I just got home a bit ago. The doctor said that it would have taken weeks for me to miscarry completely. Now I have to wait for 4 weeks for my follow up appointment.

April 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're feeling ok today. That sucks that you have to wait four weeks for a followup. It will be two weeks on Monday for me and the waiting has been crappy. All I can say is obviously you know you can get pregnant and you will again when you are ready. (I'm sure everyone that knew you were pregnant said that) And even though everything may suck right now, it will get better. The first few days are rough ones. If you need anything you can PM me. When I had my D&C I was relieved it was over, the sooner that I fully miscarried the sooner I can try again.

April 27th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Oh my goodness! How scary! I'm glad you went in instead of staying at home and that you are starting to heal physically. The emotional healing takes a while. We're here for you every step of the way.
April 28th, 2012, 04:56 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so sorry for all that your going through. I hope that you heal quickly and have your 4th miracle very, very soon!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

April 28th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Thanks, Ladies!

April 28th, 2012, 09:03 AM
So sorry to hear that happened! Same thing happened to me, too. Out-of-control bleeding, ER trip, and emergency D&C.
If you feel you want a followup appointment sooner, I would make a sooner appointment yourself. It never hurts to make your health a priority.

If it helps to mention this, DH and I only had to wait 2 weeks to be intimate again. That was important to me because I really needed and wanted that closeness and comfort. Of course that depends on what your doctor recommends.

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

April 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMGoodness, I'm glad you are OK...again hopefully at your follow up appointment you'll be healthy both emotionally and physically and your 4th miracle will be here shortly
April 28th, 2012, 09:35 AM
The doctor said no sex for 6 weeks. I know that is going to be hard just because wanting to feel close to each other in this time, I so totally agree with you, Joy.

But I can wait for the appointment. I don't want to rush anything.

April 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss!
April 28th, 2012, 10:28 AM
The doctor who performed the D&C told me 6 weeks at first too, then I heard 4 weeks from another MD, and then at my 2 week followup my PCP said we were good to go. So hopefully you will hear sooner rather than later, too! But I hear ya about waiting, after that kind of experience it really shakes you and you're very willing to do whatever is necessary for your health.

April 28th, 2012, 02:43 PM
How are you doing now, Aimee?
April 29th, 2012, 06:44 AM
I'm ok. I have been talking about the whole experience and I think it really helps. My body was aching yesterday, little bleeding. Today, physically, I feel a lot better. I know that it is going to be a day to day process for awhile.

But yesterday, My 5 year old was talking to my SIL and told her "Do you know the babies died?" I lost it. It makes me feel terrible that she even has to say those words. And to think about what my girls have to be feeling. It makes it that much harder.

April 29th, 2012, 09:15 AM
May 8th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeD041727 View Post
I'm ok. I have been talking about the whole experience and I think it really helps. My body was aching yesterday, little bleeding. Today, physically, I feel a lot better. I know that it is going to be a day to day process for awhile.

But yesterday, My 5 year old was talking to my SIL and told her "Do you know the babies died?" I lost it. It makes me feel terrible that she even has to say those words. And to think about what my girls have to be feeling. It makes it that much harder.

Hi Aimee! I know, that really is the worst part--no child should have to hear those words or let the notion of a baby dying complicate their little hearts in minds for even a moment! My DD, who's only 3, sort of knew that I was preg, but it didn't really seem to register with her. But after we lost the baby, every morning for 3 days straight she started asking if she could kiss "the baby in mom's belly". It broke my heart to have to keep telling her that the baby was in heaven with Jesus, but it seems like she's now finally forgotten about it now, thank god, because she's stopped asking. Ugh!

May 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for all you have gone through with this miscarriage. Hope your heart is healing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search