Questions

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 05:50 AM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
So I was measurinf way behind t my us on Tuessday and they did bloodwork and it is dropping. They gave me the option of having a d and e or wait to see if I mc on my own. I want to wait and let it happen naturally and when I said that she pushed for me to schedule a d and e for next Friday. Is that normal? Shouldn't my body be able to take care of this own its own?
April 28th, 2012, 08:31 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Jen, I am so sorry for your loss.

I started miscarrying at home on Thursday night. The bleeding was so bad, that I ended up in the ER and had to have a D & E right way. The doctor said it would have taken weeks for me to pass everything.

I understand wanting to let your body work naturally but in my experience, physically and emotional it was pretty traumatic.

Since the d & e, I have very little bleeding. I have to go for a follow-up appointment in 4 weeks.

In the end, it is your decision, don't let the doctor rush you into anything.

April 28th, 2012, 09:12 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I opted for miscarrying at home as well. I actually had the same experience as Aimee, but the hospital told me that is very rare. You should be able to miscarry at home if that is what you prefer. You have every right to opt for that if you prefer it. If you already scheduled a D&E, you can easily call and cancel. Our host, Shortcake has a link with some good information on natural m/c vs. D&C.
Natural Miscarriage: What to Expect
What to Expect After a Miscarriage or Pregnancy Loss Diagnosis

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 28th, 2012, 09:17 AM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
Hey, Aimee. I am sorry for your loss. I have mc before naturally. It was almost 7 years ago and I was barely pregnant. I was just kind of taken aback because she gave me the options and as soon as I said I would rather wait she asked me to set up an appt for next Friday for the d and c. Maybe most women opt for it so she was surprised that I didn't but I just felt it was odd to give me an option and then push against my choice. I don't know. If I need it I do not have a problem getting it but if I can have it naturally then, for me, it would be more cathartic to have it at home.

Thanks, Joy!
April 28th, 2012, 09:32 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jen,

First off, I’m so sorry for your loss and for you to have to be forced into this decision! I was given similar choice as you, I was officially 10.4 weeks, but measuring 7.1. My OB said that since I wasn’t having any spotting or cramping that she didn’t think I’d pass naturally on my own for a while, she said that she would give me up to 2 weeks then she would prefer me to have a D&C. I also had the choice of using misoprostol tablets vaginally to dilate my cervix to help the natural process along, which is the option I chose, you might want to ask about that options. In the stickies there is a link to more information about the misoprostol option.
April 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
Believe me I am a stubborn bugger, lol, she won't force me to do anything. I told her I did not want to schedule it yet so she said to call by next Friday if nothing happened yet. She didn't mention anything about tablets now when I was mcing 7 years ago that was mentioned. Last Tuesday I wa only measuring 5 weeks 6 days and I should have been over 8. I knew my dates were right give or take a few days. So I wasn't super optimistic after my appt. I just want that little bit of time to see if my body will take care of it. Thnks for the info!
April 28th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Best of luck to you! I hope things go the way that you want them to. I'm sorry for your loss.
April 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. Good for you for not letting them push you into anything! I hope the process happens quickly for you so you can heal emotionally.
April 30th, 2012, 05:11 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so very sorry for your loss. I have had both natural m/c & D&C. For me the D&C was easier emotionally and physically. But I think each person should make their own decision. I think the reason they push the D&C is because it's less traumatic for women and for some even doing it naturally you end up have the D&C anyways.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

April 30th, 2012, 02:09 PM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
Personally, I would find the D and E more traumatic. We are going to wait util Friday and go from there. Thanks.
May 1st, 2012, 05:56 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything works out smoothly for you naturally!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
May 1st, 2012, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really didn't want to have the procedure at all. I scheduled it ways in advance hoping that I'd start on my own. I sort of negotiated with my self that if I made it that far, then I'd have it, but if I started bleeding I'd cancel it. Needless to say, I wound up having my d & e, I am now glad it is over. I am anxious to try again! It was very hard for me to not be myself. I am 1.5 weeks post op and hoping that I can finally start feeling like me again soon. Good luck in whatever you decide!
May 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
mama, I did the same. Last week I called and they said last Friday or wait another week until WEdnesday so I took Wednesday. My body is still doing nothig so tomorrow is the day.
May 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck tomorrow. I am still feeling glad that it is over. I will keep you in my thoughts!!! Good luck!
May 8th, 2012, 02:49 PM
talscot's Avatar Veteran
Thank You! I am ready for it to be over now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search