Positive HPT?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2012, 06:19 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iím going to ask at my next Dr appointment, but wanted to see if any of you wonderful ladies has any information on this.

Saturday morning I wanted to see how close to O I was so I took an OPK test and it was positive, probably the darkest most positive OPK test Iíve ever had so I immediately thought something was wrong. I still have IC HPT so I tested the same urine with one of those and sure enough it was positive also, and the test line was very dark also. Iím wondering if I should still be getting positives. I was diagnosed as a mm/c on April 11, I was officially 10.4w but measuring only 7.3w. I had the first dose of misoprostol on April 16 and repeated on the 18th.

If any of you ladies where following your HCG levels with HPTs and if so, how long did it take for them to turn negative?

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
April 29th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Depending on how high your levels were, it can take a few weeks for them to come down. I think having a positive HPT is still normal for how far post-loss you are.
April 29th, 2012, 07:16 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. It's extremely frustrating!!! I'm so ready for this all to be over and done with, it's hard to move forward emotionally and impossible to TTC until itís completely over.

Iím sorry to complain to you all, I know everyone here has had to go through the same thing before but since Iíve seen that positive HPT itís really set me back into a little depressive state!
April 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't ever feel bad about complaining to us. That's what we're here for. You are not alone.
April 30th, 2012, 08:38 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I agree you can always complain here dear. And I wanted to say I would suggest calling the doctor and going in and having your betas and possibly an ultrasound done. Just to make sure your numbers are dropping at the rate they should be and to also make sure there is not retained tissue.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

April 30th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been POAS every other day to check to see when my levels are gone...Yesterday was the first day that I couldn't see a line at all. Tomorrow I am going to get my 2 week prior DandC checkup and depending what the doctors says, I'm going to be poas'ing a lot AGAIN, in the near future. I hope.

April 30th, 2012, 10:26 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I didn't even try to keep track of anything because I have so long to wait until I can TTC again. But I understand the frustration. Time seems to creep by while you're recovering and meanwhile you just want to be pregnant again.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search