New Girl

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Hi, Ladies...Well, here, I am. Can I join you? Just found out on Thursday at my 11-week ultrasound that we'd lost the baby. Had no symptoms whatsoever and have been sick as a dog, taking Zofran around the clock. Just goes to show that the old adage, "Oh, being sick is a really good sign..." isn't always true! Anyway, just started bleeding a little yesterday and having my D&C tomorrow, which I'm hoping will bring some closure. At this point, I just want to stop feeling pregnant and get on with healing physically and emotionally.

This is our first m/c after a healthy and uneventful first preg. Still reeling from the whole experience, but trying to stay positive and count our other many blessings, especially our amazing DD, who turns 3 today. Really, I don't know how those of you who've gone through worse than this get through it. It's just so sad and discouraging sometimes and my heart truly goes out to you. I was blissfully ignorant before this to think something like this would never happen to me. Well, it did. And here I am.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all...xo

May 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so very sorry for your loss. The ladies here are amazing and I hope you find comfort & support here during this difficult time. I know that after my D&C I did feel some closure. It did take my body a week or two to stop having the pregnancy symptoms. For whatever reason my body didn't catch up like it should.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

May 8th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. The ladies here are amazing and I hope you find comfort & support here during this difficult time. I know that after my D&C I did feel some closure. It did take my body a week or two to stop having the pregnancy symptoms. For whatever reason my body didn't catch up like it should.
Thanks! Yes, it's kind of annoying at this point. Now that I know I'm no longer pregnant, I'd really like to stop feeling and looking like I am!

May 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
That was one of the hardest things for me. I wanted to feel no longer pregnant so that I could grieve. Things will get better I promise!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

May 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry for your loss.
May 8th, 2012, 07:58 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are welcome here anytime, though I'm sorry you are in the same boat as the rest of us. Like you, I had a healthy first pregnancy without any m/c and then lost the second one. I was blissfully ignorant too! Not anymore...now, unfortunately, we are aware of the sadness and loss that many other women have experienced before us.
I am truly sorry you are going through this. I would never wish it on anyone. I hope you feel free to post or lurk here anytime you need to. These ladies have helped me so much in the last 3 1/2 months since my m/c.
Keep us posted how your D&C goes, will you?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 8th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you so much!

May 8th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so very sorry for your loss. You probably remember me from the DDC. If you need to talk just PM me. I had a D&C back on April 16 when I was supposed to be about 10weeks, but the baby had passed at 8. This was my first pregnancy, and I too could never imagine that it could happen to me.

May 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
I'm so sorry for your loss. But you are in the right place. I had three healthy uneventful pregnancy before this. I had a D & E done about two weeks ago. I have my follow up appt at the end of May. Once the doctor gives us the ok, we want to start trying again.

Thinking of you! KUP!

May 9th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisnina View Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. You probably remember me from the DDC. If you need to talk just PM me. I had a D&C back on April 16 when I was supposed to be about 10weeks, but the baby had passed at 8. This was my first pregnancy, and I too could never imagine that it could happen to me.
Hi! I do remember you and have thought of you since you announced your loss on the DDC board. Hope you're hanging in there and being good to yourself.

Last edited by LolaBadola; May 9th, 2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typo
May 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeD041727 View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. But you are in the right place. I had three healthy uneventful pregnancy before this. I had a D & E done about two weeks ago. I have my follow up appt at the end of May. Once the doctor gives us the ok, we want to start trying again.

Thinking of you! KUP!
Hi Aimee! I remember you from the Nov. DDC and I also remember when you announced your loss. I'm glad yo hear you guys are looking ahead to the future and that you're hopefully feeling better now. Your little girls are so sweet! And I have to say, in your picture, you remind me of a friend I grew up with. You two could be sisters!

May 9th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to see you here now. Hope recovery is going well for you.
May 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you found your way here. I hope the procedure went well today. It sucks how a miscarriage strips away the sense of security in symptoms and feeling like things will turn out okay in a pregnancy. Even becoming pregnant again doesn't make it go away. KUP on how it went.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search