Log In Sign Up

Hematologist Visit today


Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
May 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,619
Early this afternoon I'm heading back to my hematologist, to get the results of my blood tests. This will tell me whether I have any clotting disorders. I don't think they will find anything, I guess though I'm nervous that they will find something and tell me that I'll be on blood thinners for life. I could still get pregnant while on blood thinners if that was the case, but that would mean Lovenox while I was pregnant, and that is only available in a shot version. I've heard you give yourself the shot in the stomach once or twice a day. So that would be really painful, at the very least really really annoying. I had to have some shots right after I got out of the hospital while they were waiting for the coumadin to kick in, and it was not fun. It was only for 4 days but each time you get the shot you get a bruise there, so you end up bruised up on your stomach. Not too pretty. The other thing they might say is that it's going to be longer than the 6 months they had originally said. I'm really hoping they will say I can go off the coumadin! That way I can maybe get off all this medication and maybe stop having headaches all the time, and maybe get this depression under control. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me!
__________________


Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
Reply With Quote
  #2  
May 15th, 2012, 03:31 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,619
I got the all-clear! My doctor said all my tests came out normal and that I can stop the Coumadin today!
As far as TTC, I'm not ready for that yet, but I'm just so glad to be able to be back in control. Phew that's a relief...it was better news than I expected to hear!
__________________


Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
Reply With Quote
  #3  
May 15th, 2012, 04:11 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,035
That is wonderful news!!! I'm so glad that you can stop the Coumadin! Hopefully now all those nasty side effects go away Take your time until you feel it's right to TTC. I know that my breaks always helped me heal and did me a lot of good.
__________________

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11


Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog


Reply With Quote
  #4  
May 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,105
I'm glad you had a great appointment! for the all clear!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
May 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
That is wonderful news!!! I'm so glad that you can stop the Coumadin! Hopefully now all those nasty side effects go away Take your time until you feel it's right to TTC. I know that my breaks always helped me heal and did me a lot of good.
Yeah I know I'm not ready yet. First I have to get to a good place emotionally and we have to get to a good place financially. Once I feel like my world has settled down I'll be able to think about it. Although I am anxious to start, though, too. I just know it's not ideal to do it now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I'm glad you had a great appointment! for the all clear!
Me too! Thanks
__________________


Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
Reply With Quote
  #6  
May 15th, 2012, 05:49 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Yeah I know I'm not ready yet. First I have to get to a good place emotionally and we have to get to a good place financially. Once I feel like my world has settled down I'll be able to think about it. Although I am anxious to start, though, too. I just know it's not ideal to do it now.
I know that I'm not in the best place emotionally but for me TTC is a way of coping.
__________________

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11


Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog


Reply With Quote
  #7  
May 16th, 2012, 06:34 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,898
Congrats! That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
May 16th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Malibu, CA
Posts: 905
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Fantastic! Very happy to hear the news.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #9  
May 16th, 2012, 02:44 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post


I know that I'm not in the best place emotionally but for me TTC is a way of coping.
You know, I've been thinking about that statement, and talking to DH about that thought. I would like DH to have a new job first since our finances are really bad right now, but I think I've been having the mindset that I want everything to be perfect before we try again. I want my mood to be perfect, I want our finances to be perfect, and my health perfect, etc. But I think that's more out of fear of another miscarriage. Of course I want to not be on any medications that would hurt the baby in any way, and I want to not be super depressed, but just thinking about trying again soon has me in such a happy mood. The financial status I want to be good because that will add unnecessary stress to our lives that I don't need if I'm going to be pregnant. Pregnancy hormones add enough to the mix without adding money worries to it.
I would just love to give my son a little brother or sister. And for myself and for DH too. DH thinks that getting pregnant again would help me heal. Belita, any thoughts on that?


Thanks Aimee and Lola!
__________________


Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
Reply With Quote
  #10  
May 17th, 2012, 05:59 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
You know, I've been thinking about that statement, and talking to DH about that thought. I would like DH to have a new job first since our finances are really bad right now, but I think I've been having the mindset that I want everything to be perfect before we try again. I want my mood to be perfect, I want our finances to be perfect, and my health perfect, etc. But I think that's more out of fear of another miscarriage. Of course I want to not be on any medications that would hurt the baby in any way, and I want to not be super depressed, but just thinking about trying again soon has me in such a happy mood. The financial status I want to be good because that will add unnecessary stress to our lives that I don't need if I'm going to be pregnant. Pregnancy hormones add enough to the mix without adding money worries to it.
I would just love to give my son a little brother or sister. And for myself and for DH too. DH thinks that getting pregnant again would help me heal. Belita, any thoughts on that?


Thanks Aimee and Lola!
I know for me each time I have been pregnant and seeing those 2 lines it has been a healing process for me. But I also know there is stress that comes along with it. Each time I have been pregnant I get an overwhelming feeling of doubt and wonder when it's going to happen again. I know I co-host Pregnancy & Motherhood After Loss and there are a lot of women there who can probably answer it better for you. But I know for me trying helps me cope and it helps me heal to a certain extent.
__________________

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11


Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog


Reply With Quote
  #11  
May 17th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,105
For me, I think you should wait to TTC when the feeling of being pregnant again makes you more excited and happy than scared. Hopefully that coincides with a better job for your husband.

Being pregnant again has helped me heal and move on in some ways, but has been a setback in others. Gabriel was my first pregnancy. I had no idea what it felt like for me to be pregnant and what I was missing out on. Each day with this baby feels like a victory, but yet also reminds me of what I missed out on with Gabriel. I also have moments of feeling guilty, like I'm forgetting Gabriel by being excited and happy about this baby. It still pains me to think about 12/23 (my loss date) and August 25th (my due date). I am scared in a way I never knew possible about losing this baby because of the loss of Gabriel. Then I feel awful because I know it's not good for me to get stressed out.

In other ways I feel like this pregnancy is helping me move forward. The flip side of worrying that I'm forgetting Gabriel is that I have this new little one to focus on and help me feel excited and happy about something. I'm still getting a baby and I already love this little one more than I could ever imagine loving someone.

It's kind of like when you lose a family member and you are in a really dark place for a while, but eventually you get back into your daily routine and you still think of that family member, but not as much as when you first lost them. I think the guilt is just a little more when this starts happening because when you have a miscarriage you lost your child and there is no pain like the pain of losing a child.

I honestly can't say how much of a factor this pregnancy has been in helping me move on compared to just the time that has gone by, but I honestly felt a shift in my outlook when I got pregnant again and knew everything was looking good with this pregnancy. Every time I get reassurance that this little one is doing well, I feel even better. I'm actually downright giddy at times and I honestly can't say that I'd feel that way if I wasn't pregnant again.

Getting pregnant again isn't a fixer, but I think it does help overall.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
May 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,619
Thanks, Katie, and Robyn, that was very informative and helped a lot!
__________________


Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0