New here. D&C Today

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
Just thought I would introduce myself here. Last week I went for my first ob-gyn appointment at 7 weeks. He had an u/s machine in his office and did an u/s and it showed me at 8 weeks, no heartbeat. Today I went to the hospital for a D&C (with a suction too), since my body likes to retain pregnancy stuff (my body wouldn't expel my placenta with my last baby until 3 days later half of it just came out along with a major infection that had me in the hospital for almost a week).
Anyways I was real nervous and nauseous and sad, my throat still kills from the anesthesiologist putting the tube in my nose and down my throat but thats about it. Follow up visit is in 6 weeks, does anyone know if they give you more answers there as to what happened?

May 18th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss. I had my d and c four weeks a go today. Anyway, at my post op appointment 2 weeks ago, they told me that my pathology report came back fine. I am not too sure on what that meant, but I know they apparently did do some testing. I didn't ask too many questions, because they told me things looked fine and sometimes this happens. I really wanted it to be over so I didn't ask. Since there was a pathology report, I am guessing I could have asked some more questions and found out a little more. Kind of wish I did now. Ask questions or even call and ask if you can. I am guessing you will be able to find out.
May 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the option to do testing but since it was my first m/c I didn't. I guess in one way I'd like to know, but in another way I don't want to know, cause if they said nothing was wrong then I would probably blame myself instead of being able to say, well the baby probably had a defect and that was why my body rejected it.

I'm so sorry you had to have this. I had a D&C too, although I guess they used a tube that just sits at the back of the throat for me instead of a full intubation. So I didn't have the sore throat. My D&C was necessary because like you part of the placenta got stuck, but in my case I hemorrhaged really bad and had to have an emergency D&C. Otherwise I would have bled to death.

I hope you can find some comfort by this board, there are women here who have gone through the same experience as you and can share in your pain and sorrow. Feel free to post as often as you want or need to...and take good care of yourself.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 18th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
YOu know what question kind of upset me, was all the questions on questionnaires asking if you are pregnant and to let your doc know. Really?

May 19th, 2012, 02:47 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I also had a horrible sore throat for days after my D&C from the tube. I did get a call a few weeks after my D&C with my results. My baby was a healthy baby boy. And honestly that gave me closure. I know for some it wouldn't but it did for me. Your doctor will also talk to you at your follow up appointment.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

May 19th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Hi! Welcome, although I'm so sorry to meet you under these circumstances. I had my D&C 10 days ago, so my follow-up isn't until Tuesday, so I'm not sure what will be discussed just yet. How are you feeling so far, other than the sore throat? I was given medication in an IV and was spared the tube, thank god. I was super weepy and moody for about a week or so, but now my hormones must be leveling out, because i'm feeling much better. Just trying to put it all behind me now, which is hard in some moments, but what other choice do we have? Anyway, I'm here if you ever want to talk. Hang in there...

May 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Send a message via AIM to Melissa34746
Sending thoughts and prayers your way. I am very sorry for your loss.

Melissa
June 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I also had a horrible sore throat for days after my D&C from the tube. I did get a call a few weeks after my D&C with my results. My baby was a healthy baby boy. And honestly that gave me closure. I know for some it wouldn't but it did for me. Your doctor will also talk to you at your follow up appointment.
How far along were you? I had an emergency D&C 4 days ago and they told me that it was all sent to pathology also. I think that knowing the sex of my babies would help me gain some closure also. My twins were implanted at my previous c-section scar and later "let go". I ended up with profuse bleeding and was rushed to the hospital from the doctor's office. I'm just wondering if there's a chance I would be able to find out the genders at my follow up.
June 9th, 2012, 07:29 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlove_3000 View Post
How far along were you? I had an emergency D&C 4 days ago and they told me that it was all sent to pathology also. I think that knowing the sex of my babies would help me gain some closure also. My twins were implanted at my previous c-section scar and later "let go". I ended up with profuse bleeding and was rushed to the hospital from the doctor's office. I'm just wondering if there's a chance I would be able to find out the genders at my follow up.
I'm going to say they should be able to as long as they tested the babies for that. I would definitely ask them. I was 13w3d.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

June 9th, 2012, 09:38 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
I'm so sorry for your loss. The pathology report is what helped me the most. I got to find out her gender and learn that there was nothing chromosomally wrong with her. I was able to name her and know that I didn't have a higher likelihood of m/c again than anyone else. I hope the pathology report gives you closure, too.

June 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search