Hey Again :(

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey everyone. Just went through my third miscarriage on 5/22. I held off on posting here because I really just needed some time without JM to wrap my head around another loss. I'm taking it ok for the most part, however there are day when I see a pregnant woman, or I see a friend who's going to have her second and it makes me sad. I really really want to be one of those girls who has an easy time keeping a pregnancy. However with my translocation it's just not going to happen the way we want it to. We'll most likely have to have IVF with PGD to have a successful pregnancy (unfortunately it's just not in the budget right now) or we'll have to endure many miscarriages.

We did try again this cycle and I'm in my TWW, so I guess we'll see what happens.
Baby #2 is a Girl!!! Taryn is due 12/23/16!!

Always missing my 6 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14, 7/22/2015, 10/16/15
June 9th, 2012, 06:58 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so sorry your having to go through this. It's not fair to have to endure this over and over again. Don't feel bad for taking time away (I do that often). I hope and pray that you get pregnant this cycle and it's your rainbow baby.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

June 9th, 2012, 07:28 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I can't imagine having to endure loss after loss in hopes of getting your rainbow baby.
Can I ask what a translocation is? I'm not familiar with that one....
I hope you can find some comfort here.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
June 9th, 2012, 09:43 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
I'm so sorry for your loss. There's no shame in having to do PGD with IVF. I have a friend that had to do that. They had many miscarriages over a 9 year period and the only way to ensure a viable pregnancy was to do the genetic testing before implanting any embryos. They finally got their rainbow baby and I hope you will, too.

June 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's not right that some women have to go through so much to have a baby. I hope you get your rainbow soon.
June 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for you loss....I pray that you will be blessed with your rainbow baby soon!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
June 10th, 2012, 08:20 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I can't imagine having to endure loss after loss in hopes of getting your rainbow baby.
Can I ask what a translocation is? I'm not familiar with that one....
I hope you can find some comfort here.
Basically I have a balanced reciprocal translocation on two of my chromosomes (1,4). What this means is there are breaking points on my chromosomes where pieces of them broke and went to the other chromosome, in this case I have a break point in chromosome 1 and a break point in chromosome 4. They balanced each other out so i don't have a trisomy...but the chances of me having a pregnancy with a trisomy is high and is probably the cause of my miscarriages. Trisomy 1 and 4 are extremely rare and very very lethal (with most not making it past fertilization).

My RE basically said this "Every month you're playing roulette with your eggs". The ideal pregnancy would be one where the baby has no chromosome issue what so ever, but if we do PGD and find out that I have no eggs that "morph' correctly, we'll take a balanced egg but that will mean that our children will have fertility issues when they are older as well. Which I would hate to knowingly pass on to them to be honest.
Baby #2 is a Girl!!! Taryn is due 12/23/16!!

Always missing my 6 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14, 7/22/2015, 10/16/15
June 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's crazy, thanks for explaining it though. I can't imagine having your pregnancy chances lowered that much and then having the responsibility on your shoulders to try not to pass this on to your kids too...what a lot to bear.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search