miscarriage yesterday

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2012, 05:44 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Here I am, another former member of the Jan. '13 DDC. I went in Tuesday, should have been 12 weeks but no heartbeat was found..

I'm sorry if this is too graphic, skip to the end please if you might be sensitive!! I passed the pregnancy last night. It was startling, but a mass bigger than a golf ball came out of me while I was on the toilet. I fished it out b/c I knew what it was. I was able to open it up and retrieve our baby's tiny remains. They said the baby measured 7wk, 1 day by ultrasound, but from what I see, I don't think baby developed past 5 weeks or so. Poor thing is not even a cm long, no arms or legs yet, just buds. Tiniest of little black specks where eyes would eventually have been. It is so incredibly sad, and yet... amazing in a way. Hard to believe that such a very, very tiny little person has affected our lives so dramatically and so permanently. I was very afraid that the baby's body would be lost, so I'm thankful it isn't. I hope that's not weird...

OK, less graphic from here out...

Anyway, we've decided to name the baby Francis. First, we're Catholic and have devotion to St. Francis. Second, Francis is the name of my grandfather, whose birthday is July 4th. Third, Francis can be a girl's name or a boy's name, and we don't know which we had. We called our priest last night and he is meeting us at the cemetery this afternoon for a memorial and dedication. We will bury Francis ourselves where our Hope is buried. Hope was our daughter who was stillborn at 36 weeks, July 8, 2006. Today is also our youngest daughter's 2nd birthday. So, we have a baby to mourn and a child to celebrate. It is going to be an emotional day, but not all bad. I feel like I am going to be okay, so far this has been much easier physically and emotionally than our other loss. Not necessarily because it was so much earlier in the pregnancy, but mainly I think because I just knew deep in my gut that we would not be having a healthy baby next January. So even though I cry for the baby that could have been, I am thankful for the little soul that now waits with God for us.

This turned out to be really long. Thank you for listening (reading) and all of you will be in my prayers today as well. Blessings ~ ~

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 5th, 2012, 07:59 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so very sorry for your loss I know for some ladies seeing the baby gives them closure and it sounds like it did for you too. We are here for you every step of the way hun.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jennifer,
It wasn't too graphic for me, I really wanted to see my baby too to say goodbye but I wasn't able to. So I'm glad for you that you got that moment. I think it's sweet that Francis and Hope will be near each other, they can care for each other until the rest of their family goes to be with them.
Hugs to you, my heart goes out to you!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't think it was graphic at all, with my 2nd miscarriage I wanted to be able to see my baby but unfortunately I never got to.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
July 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I am glad that you were able to find your baby and give Francis a burial.
July 8th, 2012, 03:58 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
not graphic at all. Completely normal. We carried our babies, they were a part of us.

I'm sorry your over here hunni. I was told about your post and knew when you were gone ten hours what happened.

I'm so sad there has been so much death around Jan. I'm pleased you had your closure and your little one was buried. The cremation and service for me gave me closure.

Love you loads and thinking about you. X

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

July 8th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I'm so sorry for your loss

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

July 9th, 2012, 05:43 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Jennifer, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

July 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Oh Jennifer! My heart is breaking for you. I am so very sorry that you had to go through this.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
July 9th, 2012, 12:49 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Jennifer,

I'm so pleased that your baby wasn't lost and you were able to say goodbye and see him/her. I think Francis is a lovely name by the way. I'm sorry for your loss and I'm wondering how you are doing. I see that you posted a few days ago. I hope that you are healing and that you know that you can always talk to me if you need anything or an ear.

I hope to hear from you soon and you are in my thoughts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search