Naming your Angel(s)

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LiamsMother
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By Older-Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you chosen to name your angel(s)? If so, what did you choose and why? If not, why have you chosen not to name your angel(s)?

July 9th, 2012, 06:47 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
After the pathology report confirmed that she was female, I didn't know what to name her. I had a dream that night about her and she told me that her name was Troy Eden, that's why I named her that. I feel like I had to name her since (with my beliefs) she was a person and had a soul. If I hadn't, I would've felt like I was somehow diminishing her worth. Plus, our last name is an A-M combination, so her initials spell TEAM. Every time I hear someone say that, especially when they say "Go Team", I think of her.
Belita likes this.

July 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was pregnant at Christmas and we lost the baby 2 days before Christmas. We don't know whether the baby was a boy or a girl, but I just felt that Gabriel was appropriate because he is the Christmas Angel and I feel that baby was our Christmas angel. My husband agreed.
LiamsMother likes this.
July 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt from day one of my pregnancy that I was carrying a girl. Gender was never confirmed after the loss so we chose Angel as a first name since it is gender neutral and Isis for a middle name after the Goddess Isis because it just felt right.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

July 10th, 2012, 12:34 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Our baby is called " Little Ruddy "

This is because that is what I called my precious from the moment I knew they were in there. Ruddy because Rudd is surname.

I cold never add a proper name as I never called it by name and I think that would be wrong. We would have named the baby at the sexing scan.

x

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

July 10th, 2012, 06:07 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I named my babies after receiving encouragement from the ladies on this board four years ago to do so. We "chose" gender based on what I thought the babies were. Their names are Dominic, Gwen, Aiden, Jillian, Katherine, and Samuel.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 10th, 2012, 07:01 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
With my first loss I knew he was a boy, DH and named him Noah Allen. Our other angels we choose not to name as we do not know if they were boys or girls.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 10th, 2012, 07:10 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Well with my first loss I woke up the morning after with the name Jeziah Hayden stuck in my head. My second and third loss was twins So their names are Apollos and Nalunani which mean Sun and Moon. My fourth loss was due on the first day of winter So my Little Winter Joy it was. And my last loss I woke up with the name Onyx on my mind and after looking for a middle name I found the name Bahari which means 'something vast' so Onyx Bahari just seemed perfect.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

July 11th, 2012, 01:26 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Little Bud is the name I chose, something that could go boy or girl...if boy, could be Bud like Buddy, and if girl, could be bud like a flower bud. I feel that it was a girl (my mom and sister did too), so that's the slant it took in my mind, I think of her as a little bud that never opened. She grew wings and flitted away. I hope one day I can fly away after her, when it's my time.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
July 11th, 2012, 04:50 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I compiled a list of some names that are unisex and posted it. Please feel free to add to it ladies!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...l#post26258518 (Unisex Names- For naming your angel baby)

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 15th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
We named her Lauren. I let my daughter Lyric name her and she wanted it to start with a L like her name since the other 2 of J's

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

July 20th, 2012, 04:57 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I named our first Glory because driving home from work one day I heard the song "Glory Baby" and it was the first song I ever remember that was all about a pregnancy loss. My mom thought the baby would have been a girl so I thought Glory was a wonderful name and DH agreed. I listen to that song sometimes and it comforts me and still saddens me at the same time.

This second one I decided on Schuyler. I have always loved that name and DH agreed that that would be our second child's name.

Last edited by bellasky; July 20th, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
July 21st, 2012, 10:28 AM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aerin, Bailey, Corey and Drew

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

July 24th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Remembering Tadpole
My husband and I had called the baby Tadpole from the beginnning. When I miscarried I asked if he thought we should call the baby the names we had picked and he said no. Our Angel baby would always be Tadpole, here on Earth and in Heaven. We hope to use names we has picked on a future child.
LiamsMother likes this.

Last edited by Older-Mom; July 27th, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
July 27th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
The momment I got pregnant we started calling baby "Scout" I just loved the idea of Scarltt and "Scout" had baby been a girl it would have been Scout if it had been a boy it would have been Bla Bla Bla the Third and called Scout. I mourn the name each time we get pregnant.

The next one we lost sooner and we did not have a nick name for, and afte rthe loss my husband prayed about it and thought the baby was a girl. I picked Rachel or Rebecca and let DH pick. We named her Rebecca Joy because I wanted to remember how happy she made me even if it hurt in the end.

The third was a chemical and it happened very fast. We weren't going to give baby a name but then I felt badly adn named him Travis because I liked the name after a few days DH added Alexander. The chemical was the hardest on us.
August 12th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Nievierra's Avatar MommyOfAnEarlyAngel
I wasn't pregnant long enough to know the gender. and even though it happened last October, I just recently told the guy about it (we're complete opposites and didn't agree much). I've actually been kind of distanced from the situation since it happened until after I told him about it. And then I remembered how I talked to my belly before I went to sleep and then thought about the fact that he/she would have been born near the end of June and after that weird, suppressed epiphany, I named her/him Artemis. <3
August 12th, 2012, 06:18 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The kids called our little bean "Blueberry", so I think thats what we will stick with. I'm not sure if the baby was a boy or girl yet, hoping I get to find out from the report though.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a boys name and girls name picked out, but we dont really start referring to baby by name until after the gender u/s. So we will keep our names for a future child. I dont really feel comfortable assigning a name to the baby as he/she never really got going and I dont come from a spiritual background. Not that you have to be religious to name your baby, I just dont have that connection of baby being an angel somewhere else.
August 13th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Cora died at 38 weeks, so we had been calling her by name for months beforehand.

I always give my babies candy nicknames right when I find out I'm pregnant though, so if I miscarried I'd just keep the candy nickname.

August 29th, 2012, 06:15 AM
MaggieB1112's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MaggieB1112
The name Estelle (Stella) was a front runner for a long time, but ever since our MC 5 months ago we both have decided against using it for what ever reason. Maybe that baby was our Stella. We lost her before we knew the gender but maybe. I haven't really talked to my DH about this but I think she was our Stella, which I guess is appropriate since she is up in Heaven with the stars.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search