new here and looking for hope

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 07:13 PM
hello ladies. i want to introduce myself and ask a question.

question first. for those who have had or are having a baby after your loss, can you tell me how long it took you to conceive again?

now about myself. i am have been married to my sweet hubby now for also 18 yrs. we have 7 beautiful, wonderful children. the oldest will be 18 just 11 days after out anniversary next month. the youngest is now 3 and a half.

we found out one week ago tonight that our 8th baby no longer had a heartbeat. we were to be just over 11 weeks. the ultrasound showed that baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. this was and still is very hard for both of us to take. we did a dnc the next day. i didnt not want to go through what my sister just went through just 2 months ago. this is the 2nd baby we have ever lost. the first was 19 yrs ago coming this aug 15th. that baby was not planned but so wanted. i had a very bad experience with that one that is why i chose the dnc this time. we had a dnc then but i also had 5 days of very heavy bleeding before i was taken to the er. it took us only 4 months to get pregnant with our oldest. whom was also not planned. we so want to have one more baby before saying no more. i am really wanting one more girl. we have only one girl already. yes that is 6 boys also. dd is the 2nd child and 15 now.

so with that said. i am trying to find hope in this dark time. i really want to dream again of holding a baby in my arms. being able to nurse a precious little one, one last time before retiring my body. to dream of watching him or her grow with the other children.

thank you for reading.
heidi
July 12th, 2012, 07:47 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
I'm so sorry for your loss. It took 2 months after our miscarriage to get pregnant again. Take all the time you need to grieve and mourn. It's a very difficult thing to go through. As I've told the other ladies in the group, I put my grieving aside and focused on getting pregnant again only to have all of those emotions hit me 6 months later. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

July 13th, 2012, 07:27 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so very sorry for your loss. I myself have no living children so I can't answer some of your questions. What I can offer you is the encouragement to not give up. Just keep pushing on hun. There are lots of women who have gone on to have healthy pregnancies right away and some have taken awhile. It will happen hun.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 13th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I got pregnant again on my second cycle trying after my loss. I will also second what Amanda said about taking the time to grieve as you need. In some ways being pregnant again made my loss harder, but in some ways it made it easier.
LiamsMother likes this.
July 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I'm so very sorry for your loss You and your family are in my T&P's.

We lost our 2nd at 7wks in March, my period came back around 4wks later and we got pregnant that cycle in April. Things have been going good so far with this one.
July 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Veteran
Very sorry for your loss. I had my first miscarriage in December 2009 at 19 years old. It was an unplanned pregnancy, but very much wanted. We did not try to get pregnant again until June 2008, and it worked the very 1st cycle, had a healthy son, than a healthy daughter the next year. Just had my 2nd miscarriage 7/10/12 and not sure when we will try to conceive again. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Angel Baby #1 - 12/29/2003 (9 weeks, lost baby at 6-7 weeks)
Angel Baby #2 - 7/10/2012 (11 weeks 5 days, lost baby at 6 weeks 1 day)
July 27th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have three losses and I am working on my third Rainbow baby. Each time I had a loss I became pregnant again before having AF. Three months after my 9 weeks loss 2 months after my 7 week loss and 6 weeks after my chemical.

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search