Not what u want to hear at ur dating U/S

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Hi All,

I was given the news at my u/s that im 6weeks, not 9 weeks as per my lmp and no heartbeat.
My HCG levels have lowered as per 2nd blood test and I will request to have another and 2nd scan as booked before giving up just yet.
I have done some research myself and have found that this could also be due to a lost twin?
So hard to stay positive as advised that the baby shrinks in size once m/c starts and looks to be a 'incomplete' m/c. Time will tell. I am glad I hadn't told our other children as yet as that would hard to tell them why. I really feel for all the other parents who have gone thru this and that waiting game.

It is so hard to deal with another m/c, my last was very early but this feels alot harder to accept as i feel i have ponded already, patting my little tummy,thinking of names etcc..
I have appt with my OB tomro and i will have to wait to see what he thinks. Im not sure if i want to do D&C or wait for it to happen naturally, how did you find this decision? Which did you find easier to cope with?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read and reply,

All the best to the families after loss
July 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Veteran
Hoping your appointment goes well. I have suffered two 'missed miscarriages'. The first I didn't know anything was wrong until I gushed blood, lost the baby that same day and I could see it in the amniotic fluid, it only measure the size of 6-7 weeks gestation when I should have been 9-10 already.
This time I knew it was coming, was told when I was 9 weeks the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and I decided to miscarry naturally if possible, which I did at 11 weeks 5 days along.
The way I came to this decision was because I have had my other 3 babies naturally with no pain meds and I wanted to do this one the same way, and to me, a d&c seems to close to an abortion, and while I know they are not the same at all because the baby was 'gone' already... I just wasn't comfortable with it, and wanted to be able to bury my child at home.
One thing I will warn you of, with the waiting it seems like I've had to go thru grieving twice because I found out I lost the baby, and than again when I actually passed the baby weeks later. And during the waiting period it was hell because I would allow myself to fantasize now and than "What if they were wrong and the baby is ok!?" And looked up all kinds of articles about incorrectly diagnosed miscarriages, etc... which just really played with my emotions and gave me false hope, which I think made the fall that much harder once I passed the baby. In the end I am glad I chose to let my body figure it out naturally, and had the extra time with my baby in me, even if his/her spirit already left.

Angel Baby #1 - 12/29/2003 (9 weeks, lost baby at 6-7 weeks)
Angel Baby #2 - 7/10/2012 (11 weeks 5 days, lost baby at 6 weeks 1 day)
July 17th, 2012, 02:48 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
I chose a D&C because I wanted to know the baby's gender and could give her a name and also, I wanted to know if there were chromosomal abnormalities. Knowing that there were no chromosomal abnormalities gave me hope that this was just a one time fluke and I'm not "destined" to repeat this over and over again. But, knowing that there were no chromosomal abnormalities with the baby along with knowing that I had no immunological, hormonal, or structural disorders and imbalances, there ended up not being an explanation for us losing her. This made it so hard for me. It felt like God just "decided to take her home" and I was so angry. It was almost worse knowing this was one of the few "unexplained" losses.

Whether it's a D&C or natural, both are hard. Losing a child is losing a child. D&C was what was right for us. It's a personal preference thing and you should do what feels right for you. ((Hugs))

July 18th, 2012, 03:24 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so very sorry for your loss. I have both had natural losses and had a D&C for me the D&C was easier emotionally and physically. Here is some information available that might help you decide.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...diagnosis.html (What to Expect After a Miscarriage or Pregnancy Loss Diagnosis)

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...to-expect.html (Natural Miscarriage: What to Expect)

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 18th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my loss was early enough that I just had a natural miscarriage. I think the other ladies gave you good advice.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search