Vent: really annoyed by my doctor's office...

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Regular
I'm think I'm in the process of miscarrying my nearly 9 week pregnancy, and it's been long and drawn out. I have been frustrated beyond belief trying to speak to anyone at my doctor's office.

So my actual doctor is great, or at least she was the one time I got to see her. But getting in to see her or any of the other doctors at the same clinic feels like trying to scale the Berlin Wall or something (yes I know the Berlin wall has come down ).

I've been calling the doctor's assistants for a couple of weeks now; first because of my intermittent spotting, then because of the ultrasound report saying it was normal not to see the baby's hb at that point because it showed I was barely six weeks (when it was undisputably closer to 8), and then when I was diagnosed with a probable miscarriage at the ER because of red bleeding and ultrasound not only showing no hb but no baby sac either. So it sounds like I've been harassing them every day but really we are talking about four phone calls here.

So I just keep getting this 'ain't no big deal' attitude and I'm really tired of it. Called about the lack of heartbeat. "Oh no, you must be off on your dates! No big deal, we'll see you in three weeks!" (no, I did not take a psychic pregnancy test and I am not off on my dates!) When I called in about the ER "Sorry I didn't return your phone call but there's nothing we can do and it sounds like you're miscarrying naturally, ain't no big deal! But if you insist, we'll draw your blood again!" Yeah, I do kind of insist. I know that they're busy, and other people have gone through much much worse than I am, but it's a big deal to me.

I've miscarried before but that was 13 years ago and I had a d&c. I don't know what to expect from this (I've learned more from this forum then the doctor's office!) and I'm going out of town in two days. I just want to sit down with a doctor, confirm everything, ask them if my hcg level of 10,000 is normal as I miscarry, etc etc. Is that pushy and asking too much?

So this morning I looked through the directory to find a obgyn that doesn't work at that clinic. Finally found one, called and said where I was a patient but wanted to know if I went there a doctor would actually see me. So the receptionist tells me, 'let me talk to Dr. Johnson!" I almost died. He's the third doctor at the clinic I go to now, and the one I called right before I went to the emergency room! He must work part time at both places, so I don't know how he's going to react to me complaining about his buddies. Freaking small town...

So I'm waiting for a callback now...this should be interesting. *headdesk*

Update! The doctor's office called back, set me up for an ultrasound and hcg quant today (already done!) and sadly, a confirmation that my pregnancy has passed after the ultrasound was reviewed. Not the best news, but at least now I know, and I so appreciate my new doctor springing into action the way he did. I have an appointment on Thursday to follow up and see how it's going, all that. What a difference. I wish I had switched doctors two weeks ago; it would have saved me a lot of uncertainty. Now I can grieve and let go instead of waiting in limbo.

Last edited by Kate76; August 7th, 2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: more info and update
August 8th, 2012, 04:42 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I'm sorry your doctor's office is so crappy But that is awesome that the other office stepped up and got you right in. When your having a loss you need that stability. You need their comfort and understanding and that's how it should be. I'm so sorry you had to endure all of this. But I am glad that now you have answers and hopefully you can start to grieve and heal.
Kate76 likes this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 8th, 2012, 08:47 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, I just went through a very similar situation a few weeks ago. I hope you get some closure soon.

Oct '11 June '12
August 9th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Regular
Thank you both!

Shortcake, now that I've seen the difference between doctor's, I'm in total agreement! In fact, I'm more than a little bent over the complacency of my old doctor's office. I don't think they could have prevented my miscarriage but just their utter lack of concern is not what any woman needs in this situation and caused me even more strife. If I had switched doctors a week or two earlier, it would have saved me a lot of heartache. I am just lucky I have a good doctor now, and I don't feel like I'm alone in this process anymore.
August 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you're getting better care! That's not a good feeling to feel like you're harassing your providers to care for you. It IS a big deal! And I'm so sorry for your loss. I still feel like I'm in limbo myself...

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search