Questions about Pain (natural m/c)

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Regular
I read some info here at the boards but I did have some more questions for you all. Some of this may be TMI:

I'm experiencing a lot of bleeding now, no real clots, etc, and the pain is getting pretty uncomfortable. I've had worse but it's still at the point where ibuprofen isn't really handling it anymore.

Plus the pain is mostly in my lower right hand side. I don't think it's anything like an ectopic pregnancy - I've had three vaginal ultrasounds and I know that was one of the things being checked for. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this. Also wondering, how did you manage your pain? Just OTC painkillers or did doc prescribe something?
August 9th, 2012, 06:44 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Ibuprofen is a blood thinner so my doctor said not to take that. They gave me prescription pain killers but I took Tylenol. If the pain is too much call your doctor hun. They can tell you what you can take and if it's really bad they will prescribe you something.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 9th, 2012, 07:30 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I was given Vicodin.. I only needed to take it for about two days, and after that took Tylenol for another day or two. My cramping wasn't localized on one side or the other, so if you call your doc re: pain meds, you might ask about that too. Blessings..~

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 9th, 2012, 08:25 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kate

Sorry to be going through this together My dr. prescribed me some pain meds (dramacet I think) as he said the cramping and bleeding can be quite heavy. I only have light bleeding to date but if you are in pain I would call your doc and get something stronger.
August 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Regular
Thanks, all! I went to see my doctor this morning and of course while I was there I felt fine (darn Murphy's Law!) so I didn't ask for anything for pain.

This afternoon it got pretty bad and I really wished I'd asked for those painkillers. I did finally actually physically miscarry (the signs were pretty unmistakable). It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but I still would have rather had a d&c. (my doctor did offer me one, but I'm leaving town tomorrow- what lousy timing!) I'm hoping this means today is the worst physically, and I start to feel better quick.
August 15th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Regular
Well, another update: Wow. This was such a long, drawn out process.

On Thursday after my doctor's appointment I finally starting passing clots and very unexpectedly found myself staring straight at a perfectly formed sac when I wiped. I was not looking for or wanting to see anything recognizable at all so it was pretty shocking. In a way though, maybe it was for the best for me. The sac was not punctured or leaking but it was very clearly empty - I guess it was a blighted ovum. This doesn't make my loss any less real to me, or the fact that I'd been given one last chance to have another baby only to have it snatched away any less painful. But I'm glad I got to know what happened, and I'm glad that I did not have to see the actual baby.

I thought the worst was over after that. I was so wrong. The next four days, all of which I spent out of town on a long planned family vacation (the only thing that kept me from getting a d&c) I bled and passed more material then I remember passing after giving birth. Maybe I had a lot because I skip periods? I dunno; it was horrible. I had to go the bathroom every where we went, repeatedly, ran out of pads several times, ruined a few pairs of pants and finally lost it when I was trying to take a shower in the motel and it ended up looking like a crime scene in there. At that point I panicked and started crying and did not think I could take anymore. Of course, going on vacation while you're miscarrying is just a bad idea in the first place, but it was my MIL's birthday, my kids hadn't seen her in over a year, and I couldn't take that away from my family. Aside from what I was going through physically, it was actually a nice trip and a good distraction for all of us.

Anyway, I saw my doc again this morning and from the way he reacted to what I told him about what I went through, he would have had me in for a d&c for sure had I been in town. I'm ok though; finally my bleeding has slowed down, clots have stopped coming and he did an ultrasound just to make sure and confirmed for me that I definitely did see the sac.

So I'm going to be OK...now I have to make plans for hubs to have a vasectomy or me to have my tubes tied. Either way it will be hard - once we go through with that there's no going back. I wish this baby had been meant to be.
August 15th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Regular
Well, another update: Wow. This was such a long, drawn out process.

On Thursday after my doctor's appointment I finally starting passing clots and very unexpectedly found myself staring straight at a perfectly formed sac when I wiped. I was not looking for or wanting to see anything recognizable at all so it was pretty shocking. In a way though, maybe it was for the best for me. The sac was not punctured or leaking but it was very clearly empty - I guess it was a blighted ovum. This doesn't make my loss any less real to me, or the fact that I'd been given one last chance to have another baby only to have it snatched away any less painful. But I'm glad I got to know what happened, and I'm glad that I did not have to see the actual baby.

I thought the worst was over after that. I was so wrong. The next four days, all of which I spent out of town on a long planned family vacation (the only thing that kept me from getting a d&c) I bled and passed more material then I remember passing after giving birth. Maybe I had a lot because I skip periods? I dunno; it was horrible. I had to go the bathroom every where we went, repeatedly, ran out of pads several times, ruined a few pairs of pants and finally lost it when I was trying to take a shower in the motel and it ended up looking like a crime scene in there. At that point I panicked and started crying and did not think I could take anymore. Of course, going on vacation while you're miscarrying is just a bad idea in the first place, but it was my MIL's birthday, my kids hadn't seen her in over a year, and I couldn't take that away from my family. Aside from what I was going through physically, it was actually a nice trip and a good distraction for all of us.

Anyway, I saw my doc again this morning and from the way he reacted to what I told him about what I went through, he would have had me in for a d&c for sure had I been in town. I'm ok though; finally my bleeding has slowed down, clots have stopped coming and he did an ultrasound just to make sure and confirmed for me that I definitely did see the sac.

So I'm going to be OK...now I have to make plans for hubs to have a vasectomy or me to have my tubes tied. Either way it will be hard - once we go through with that there's no going back. I wish this baby had been meant to be.
August 15th, 2012, 04:25 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so very sorry you had to go through all of that. For me, my natural losses were harder on me than my D&C. I'm glad that the bleeding is finally slowing down for you. That's such a tough spot to be in for you and your DH. Maybe sit down and talk about it to see if you do want another child.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 21st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ignore post

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search