My story...

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2012, 10:26 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never did fully introduce myself, and I kinda wanna get my story out.

Right from the start of the pregnancy I never did feel right, its a weird feeling. But I always doubted I'd get to the point of seeing or hearing my baby's heartbeat ,even though I had no reason to think this. But I was still in love with my baby right from the start.

Anyways on Friday I had some spotting after sex, but it quickly tapered off to nothing by the next day so I tried not to worry. Then out of no where Monday I had slight cramps and started to spot brown/pink again. Kinda started to worry me by this point, but I figured I was ok and could hold on until my 12 week appointment weds, where I was finally gonna get to hear a heartbeat! Little did I know, but I was contracting by that point I'm pretty sure. So the spotting never did get any worse that night, but when I woke Tuesday morning my back was killing me and the cramps were worse. The spotting went to red pretty quickly so I called DH to come home from work to take me into the doc, fearing the worst. Not 10 mins after I called him, I felt a huge POP and GUSH, and I knew it was over then. I instantly became numb. Thats when the heavy bleeding started, most blood I've ever seen in my life. We rushed into the hospital, I was filling huge hospital pads in about 5 mins at a time, felt like I was dying. Was put on IV right away, due to losing so much blood. I was then transferred by ambulance to a bigger hospital about 20 mins away to see an OB and have an U/S. I had the U/S and was never told anything, seen the doc and he instantly said he was getting me in for a D&C. While waiting for that I was passing huge clots and tons of blood, and right before my D&C I passed the baby! I didn't wanna look too much, but I could pick out shapes, like an arm and his/her head Once I woke from the procedure I felt so empty and broken hearted. I've still got so many questions to ask the doc, and just feel like getting to know WHAT went wrong will help me. Sorry to ramble so long, feels nice to get it out.

I keep wondering if it had something to do with an incompetent cervix. When I gave birth to my little girl 5 years ago she tore my cervix and it was stitched up. I mentioned this to my doc, and I can't help but wonder if more could have been done. So I feel like I might have lost my baby for no reason, maybe it could have been stopped. Guess I will know more when I can get the report back and ask about that U/S I just wanna know what happened.

Thanks to anyone that made it through this!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 12th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so very sorry for your loss and your terrifying experience. I was rushed to hospital on Thursday for excessive blood loss that put me into shock so I can totally relate to how scary that can be.

I hope you get the answers your desire from the doctor. I truly believe that everything happens as it should, even if it doesn't make sense to us at the time (but this might just be my way to deal with things). I think the saying is "a pain shared is a pain halved". I definitely feel your pain. (((((hugs))))))

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
August 13th, 2012, 04:50 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope the doctor is able to give you some answers. Unfortunately most of the time they really can't explain the loss (which is the hardest for me to grasp). You also might want to write down your questions as you think of them... when I went in everything I wanted to ask went right out of my head and then I left with unanswered questions again.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 13th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Thanks ladies! I really just wanna know if it was due to my cervix or something, so I can know for when I wanna try again. Need to be more cautious next time.

August 13th, 2012, 12:10 PM
You were right, they were able to tell me nothing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search