Well I'm miscarrying today, finally

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 06:26 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has been 2 weeks exactly since I saw my baby on the ultrasound with no heartbeat.

The last few days I had some almost imperceptible period-like cramps that I noticed when I laid in bed at night. I wasn't sure it meant anything at all, it was so faint.

Well yesterday I ate something that "didn't agree with me," we'll say (TMI). Around that same time I got a backache to boot and wondered if it was actually something I ate, or the start of the miscarriage happening, or both. But at the same time that I felt like I was going to be sick I also noticed poking pains in my lower belly that I could tell was near my cervix (I've been pregnant so many times I think I just "know" when I feel something in my uterus; It's weird). Well, within the hour I noticed some pink / peachy mucus when I wiped. I knew it was probably the start of my mucus plug coming out. That continued a bit and I started getting more twinges down low and crampiness. I knew this was it at that point, but didn't know how long it would take to get down to business. That continued all afternoon/evening, with a bit more reddish / brownish spotting. I decided to go to bed because I was really tired and just hoped nothing would happen until the morning when I was rested up.

So I got up in the morning and had more of the same... spotting and some period crampiness with some twinges here and there. Then the blood turned redder the cramps started feeling more like early contractions that came and went at intervals.

I laid in bed for a while again today because I was super tired and as the cramps came and I was paying attention to all those feelings, I noticed a little 'pop' sensation in my lower belly. I had a feeling it was the amniotic sac detaching and bursting, but I thought who knows. It was maybe 5-10 minutes later and I felt the first gush of not only blood but "stuff" (clots and stuff). I went to the bathroom and got my bucket ready (I didn't want the baby to go into the toilet so I wanted to catch everything first and then flush it if it was stuff other than the baby). I bled into the bucket for a minute and looked and there was one small white thing in the bucket amidst all the dark, dark red. I fished it out with a spoon and looked closer and it was the baby. I could tell because of the size (a little smaller than a lima bean - the baby died around 7 weeks) and had a distinct (but not super dark) black dot where the eye was. I thought if that isn't the baby, that is a very strange coincidence. But I really think it was. So I put it in a small plastic container. There was one other small white piece of tissue (very small - half the size of a pencil eraser maybe) that I think was wither the yolk sac or umbilical cord. There was no cord attached to the baby. I think when the sac popped everything probably went everywhere. But another reason I think that was the baby was because when I gushed a bit into the bucket there was a clear liquid in addition to the blood, so...

Anyway, since then the cramps have actually gotten worse and worse until they were active labor-like contractions. If I were 9 months pregnant I'd be packing my hospital bag; That's for sure. Sometimes they hurt pretty bad. For a couple hours at least they were coming every 1-2 or 3 minutes. Sometimes they spread further apart and sometimes they'd get closer. I pretty much have gone from chair to chair to bed to chair because the more I walk around the more I pass a big blobby clot that I have to run to the bathroom for and running to the bathroom every 5 minutes gets old... and so does sitting in there all day. For a while basically every time I got up I had to run to the bathroom with another gross clot on my pad.

This miscarriage is way more drawn out than my last one, but maybe that's a good thing because my last one 6 yrs ago was so fast and furious I bled like crazy and had to go to the ER. It was very scary.

But I haven't been worried about the amount of blood I've been losing so far. It doesn't seem alarming, especially compared to last time. It's more like a period / heavy period, plus a lot of huge clots. There were only a few times where it was really dripping like drip, drip, drip, drip pretty steadily, thank goodness.

BUT now it's after 9 pm and the serious cramping has been going on since about Noon! Thankfully they are spread out a bit right now, but I don't know if I can sleep tonight with this serious contraction cramping happening. It is fairly painful at times. I thought it would be totally done by the time I went to bed... and now I'm wondering how long this is going to go on...

I am thankful that I'm not bleeding like a stuck pig like I did last time (SO relieved), and thankful that the baby passed early on so I don't have to be anticipate that. Now I'm just getting rid of blood and all the other stuff.

So that is a detailed account for anyone who is wondering what to expect. It sounds like it can very a LOT from person to person, so it's hard to know what's abnormal. That's very frustrating, but at least this might give someone an idea of what it may be like.

Now does anyone know how long I can expect this cramping to last???

[/url]

August 14th, 2012, 07:57 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry your having to go through this!

Your experience sounds really similar to mine, except I ended up in the ER due to too much blood loss. I ended up with a D&C after passing many clots. By the time I had an u/s or the D&C I must have passed the baby without knowing. Because the report said they never did see a baby. So I'm thinking now it passed right after the pop and gush of water, like yours did. I was really hoping they would have got it so we might have got some answers, but it seems it was passed before.

Hope its all over soon! HUGS!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 15th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Regular
I am so so sorry that you are going through this.

What you're experiencing sounds similar to mine, but my major bleeding (where I had lots and lots of bleeding and huge clots) happened over four days. My cramping was painful but not as bad as yours sounds...between this and your other post I would urge you to check with your doctor. Please take care of yourself and keep us updated!
August 15th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Regular
I am so so sorry that you are going through this.

What you're experiencing sounds similar to mine, but my major bleeding (where I had lots and lots of bleeding and huge clots) happened over four days. My cramping was painful but not as bad as yours sounds...between this and your other post I would urge you to check with your doctor. Please take care of yourself and keep us updated!
August 15th, 2012, 03:32 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so very sorry you had to go through that. With my natural losses my crapping lasted around 7-10 days (about the time of a long period). I hope that you heal quickly physically & emotionally.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search