m/c and constant pelvic aching?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 01:51 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just knew I wouldn't get through this without worrying that something is wrong.

I posted earlier that I had the cramping, the bleeding, passing clots, etc. Then the contraction/cramps finally let up in the late evening and spaced further and further apart. I haven't passed a clot since maybe around 9pm and now it's 4:45 am (oy). I still have bleeding like a heavy period and no serious contractions like before, but I cannot sleep at ALL, my pelvis aches so bad and so constant that no position is comfortable. Even sitting here it is just constantly aching. (I just took 2 extra strength Tylenol. Hopefully that helps.) I'm going to be so exhausted tomorrow.

Is this constant pelvis aching normal?? It's not a small dull ache like period cramps, it's a serious keep-you-awake ache.

I can't wait for this to be over.

[/url]

August 15th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Regular
I am so sorry - I've been thinking of you and wondering how everything was going.

I wish I knew more of what was normal...my own natural m/c process has been pretty horrid. I'm thinking that you probably have more to pass, which I know is probably not what you want to hear (believe me, I understand!) When I stayed still for long periods of time my body just seemed to stockpile everything, so you may have noticed a reduction in bleeding if you're not moving much. Perhaps taking short walks around may help get things progressing again. (and tylenol did absolutely nothing for me either; it couldn't even get rid of my headache.)

If you continue to hurt, start running a fever, etc, please call your doctor just to be on the safe side.
August 15th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Regular
I am so sorry - I've been thinking of you and wondering how everything was going.

I wish I knew more of what was normal...my own natural m/c process has been pretty horrid. I'm thinking that you probably have more to pass, which I know is probably not what you want to hear (believe me, I understand!) When I stayed still for long periods of time my body just seemed to stockpile everything, so you may have noticed a reduction in bleeding if you're not moving much. Perhaps taking short walks around may help get things progressing again. (and tylenol did absolutely nothing for me either; it couldn't even get rid of my headache.)

If you continue to hurt, start running a fever, etc, please call your doctor just to be on the safe side.
August 15th, 2012, 03:36 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
It's hard to say if it's "normal" or not. I would really suggest calling your doctor and getting in for an appointment. Just let them check you out. It's always better to be more cautious.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 15th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd call your doctor as well. Not that it doesn't sound normal but i'd always rather be sure everythings progressing as it should. I had horrible contractions/pain 2 days after passing the fetus and excessive bleeding and went to the ER. I'm glad I went because they ended up keeping there for 12 hours to monitor the pain and bleeding and I was prescribed percocet (which by the way didn't even close to eliminate the pain). So in my case the pain was "normal" but i'd say your better off being sure that in your case it is. Sorry your in so much physical pain ontop of the emotional kind

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
August 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I miscarried on Sat/Sun and the bleeding has finally slowed down a bit. But I have had the same type of achey feeling. For some reason mine is way worse in the mornings and early afternoon. I was taking 2 extra strength tylenol every 4 hours and it wasnt really helping. Then by about 3pm it would disappear and I would feel fine in the evening. Wake up the next day to the same thing. Today it has lessened and I only had to take one tylenol. I took misprostol to induce miscarriage and I was telling my husband it felt like my uterus was permanently pissed off at me for what I put it through!!
August 15th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I was all set to call the doctor when they opened this morning but around 6 am the constant intense aching finally eased up. I did pass another decent sized clot around then, but it wasn't any bigger than the rest so I don't know what all the aching was about. Maybe it wasn't coming out because I laying down trying to sleep. I can't believe I'm not falling over right now, with how little I slept last "night" (i.e. this morning). All day I have been bleeding but able to walk around with a pad on and even went for a ride to taco bell with dh to get out of the house. So it seems like I'm past the peak of it and I decided to not call the doctor.

However (of course), in the past hour or so I feel the constant aching coming back again. It's like period cramps, but more intense since it radiates down my legs and clear through my pelvis to my butt. My insides also hurt when I sit down or get up, like someone has used my uterus as a punching bag or something. I also coughed today and it felt like my uterus was going to pop out of me. What the

But hopefully tomorrow will be as much of an improvement on today as today has been on yesterday. I just hate not knowing if this awful cramping will continue for a week or what. If it does, I will flip.

On the bright side, I am very glad I didn't need a D & C or drugs, and I'm actually glad it finally happened and I can get it all behind me.

[/url]

August 15th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I found the pain in my back to be most unbearable (as you described also shooting down my legs and in my pelvis etc.) That pain lasted for about 4 days after passing the fetus but it would feel awesome for the morning and suddenly hit me hard in the afternoons. It should get better soon The entire process for me lasted a week and then no more bleeding or pain. Hoping your pain eases up soon!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
August 15th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Super Mommy
I had that after the D&C because there was still a piece of tissue. I also had the pain when sitting down for a couple days after I passed the tissue.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

August 17th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Glad it's fairly normal. The terrible aching has eased up somewhat I think, thank goodness.

And the bleeding has finally gotten better today. I thought I was really on the upswing until... I felt like another clot was going to pass, so I went to the bathroom and stood over the toilet. It felt like it was right there so I didn't get why it wasn't coming out right away. The feeling got a little stronger and I thought, geez, this must be a big one. I ended up kind of pushing it out and I was holding a piece of toilet paper down there as I was pushing. I could see the thing get bigger and bigger and was taking up my whole vagina and I was thinking WHAT THE HECK. Then the whole thing plopped out in my hand (on the toilet paper I was holding) and it was like the size of my fist! I shrieked when it came out and yelled "what the!!" I think, lol. I quickly found an empty baby wipes box and put it in there. As I looked at it I realized it looked like about the size and shape of my uterus!! I imagine that "thing" was taking up the entire inside of my uterus. What on EARTH. I called the doctor just to tell her and make sure this was.. uh.. "normal" and that I was OK. She said it can happen sometimes and she was more concerned about how much I was bleeding and if I'm not soaking a pad an hour she's not concerned. I told her the weird thing was it looks almost like a mold of the inside of my uterus because of the size and shape. She said there is something called a decidual cast and that may well be what it is. Weird! I've never heard of it but I googled it. I can't find too much actual info yet, but that is strange!

Anyway, that is my Clot News of the day. Oy. So freakin glad I wasn't walking around Walmart or something!! I've been debating about going into a store for just a minute. Geez, I don't know when I'll feel like I can be sure that while walking around in public some hideous thing isn't going to plop out of me and go down my pantleg or something. (Yesterday I literally had a clot go down my pantleg. TMI ...grosssss).

However, after this giant thing came out, if it IS basically the entirety of my decidua (the lining of my uterus) that came out at one time, I am hopeful that the bleeding will tame way down and the cramping will stop and I will feel normal-ish soon. I hope.

[/url]

August 18th, 2012, 07:48 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow thats crazy about the huge clot! Glad to hear you are feeling better though. I hope the bleeding and cramping has let up since!! Its been 10 days for me since I took the misoprostol and I think I am almost done bleeding. Its super light right now like the last day of your period type bleeding. What a process!
August 20th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Thankfully, the bleeding has let up a lot. It's now like a light period and has been ever since the giant decidual cast episode. The cramping completely went away since then, too. Apparently that's what my body really needed to happen. I feel so much better physically.

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search