New Here

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone. I am new to this group, but I post a lot in the December ddc. Anyway, I wanted to come share my story with you guys. It has taken me a while, because it's still hard for me to talk about.

I was pregnant with twins, due December 25th (which has now been changed to December 30th) On July 25th around midnight I went into preterm labor, but with all the miscommunication in this pregnancy I didn't actually know it was labor. I thought I was having bleeding which has been family normal during this pregnancy. I was also having pretty bad cramps but related it to the bleeding and just thought I'd wait it out til morning and go see my doctor. Well around 2:40am I started feeling lots of pressure and at 2:45am I delivered on of my twins, a little boy we named Caleb. I woke my husband and he called 911 and an ambulance came. I don't really remember much after that til later on that day. I do remember asking my nurse what my chances of delivering my little girl would be and she said very high, about an 80% chance. I was so upset, I can't even begin to put it in to words. I asked ehat had been done with my son, why I had not held hm or seen him after arriving at hospital. The nurse said because of the situation he was taken directly to patholegy. I was very upset about this so the awesome nurse I had went to patholegy right then to see what she could do. She ended up getting pictures of him wrapped in a little blanket that was later given to me. They are the only this gs I have remaining of my sweet little boy. I stayed in the hospital for almost a week while they watched my baby girl and I, then after asuring I was do I g better and the bleeding had slowed they sent me home. I have been home almost 2 weeks and I have been doing good so far, though my chances are still very high of going I into preterm labor again. My doctor has me on very strict bed rest and I am able to do nothing but take a shower and use the batahroo. It is very tough as I am not use to this at all and have a 2 year old at home. My husband has been awesome though about taking care of me and our son.

August 16th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Nievierra's Avatar MommyOfAnEarlyAngel
I'm so sorry You and your family are in my prayers. I wish you well on your journey to December
August 16th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Super Mommy
Hope that little girl stays put!

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

August 17th, 2012, 03:17 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 17th, 2012, 04:52 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so sorry for your loss of Caleb. What a terrible situation for you to have to deal with. While I know you are grateful to still be carrying your precious daughter I know it's horrible to have to grieve the loss of your son. We are here for you hun. I can't imagine what your going through right now. I hope your baby girl keeps baking hun.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 17th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
so sorry your going through this. I don't even know what the right words are but sending lots of positive thoughts and virtual support your way. I can't imagine how hard it is to be on bedrest with a little one at home running around but so glad your getting so much support from your husband. Hang in there and hopefully little girl will stay in for quite a bit longer!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
August 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
Thank you ladies for all the kind words and support!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search