How long for HCG to be out of your system

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2012, 07:55 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I know this can vary widely by person but I was wondering what other peoples experiences were on how long it took for your pregnancy hormones to get back down to zero after a miscarriage. My levels were at 36,000 when I miscarried and from what I read with people with similar numbers it can take 6-12 weeks to get back down to zero. I have a bunch of cheap pregnancy tests so intend to test it out and see how long it takes for my pregnancy tests to be become negative again. I tested 4 days ago and it was blaringly positive pretty much as soon as I peed on it. Then I tested yesterday and it still came up super positive but it took 2 mins. I'm interested to see how long it takes.
August 18th, 2012, 08:49 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I was told a month to six weeks, but I never bothered testing. Since we chart we knew that I had o'ed at about Day 25 and was going to have a period, that was good enough for me.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 18th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
my hcg went down VERY quickly (but it never got nearly as high as yours). Within 3 days after miscarrying it went down from just over 3000 to 300 and about 4 days after that it had gone down to 12. I imagine it will go to zero rather quickly in the next week

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
August 18th, 2012, 06:21 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was wondering this myself, was thinking about picking up some cheapies to test and see. I was 12 weeks when I miscarried, but I'm not sure what my HCG was, it was retested on Monday, but I haven't had the results back yet. I'm assuming it will take a while.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 19th, 2012, 12:02 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Mine has varied with each of my losses. With my first when I was 3 months along it took 9 weeks to reach zero. For my early losses it varied between 2-5 weeks. I know for me that was the worst... the waiting.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 20th, 2012, 08:51 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea. I figured mine is dropping like a rock if it's not at zero yet because my pregnancy symptoms are gone as far as I can tell. But when I actually miscarried only 6 days ago I definitely still had some food aversions and indigestion going on. I don't notice that now so I think mine must be really low. I noticed some nausea and indigestion before my period was even due when I was pregnant.

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search