Not seeing a doctor after an m/c? (also some background explanation)

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Nievierra's Avatar MommyOfAnEarlyAngel
So this was almost a year ago but I didn't really come to terms with the fact that it happened until now. I miscarried last October. I didn't even tell the father (who I'd lost my virginity to) until recently because I didn't know how. And even being around guys and socializing in general much was new to me so I didn't know how to react. So I just randomly came out with it. And I was only like 4 weeks or so along and never went to the doctor regarding it at all. After I miscarried, I almost passed out from the blood loss though and also found out that I had strep throat when my mom finally took me to get checked out (she complains about money a lot so I had to beg her to take me for the strep but never told her about the miscarriage.) So I've never gotten checked or had pap smears or anything but once which was last summer before I lost my virginity (but never the pap smear before yet).
So basically I was just wondering is it bad that I never saw A doctor regarding any of this at all? That's still the last time I even went to a doctor (last October but it wasn't a gyn it was an EENT).

Last edited by Nievierra; August 24th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
August 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so sorry your dealing with all of this. As far as is it bad you haven't seen a doctor, I guess it really depends. Have your cycles been fairly normal since your loss? It's been awhile since your loss so if your cycles are okay then I wouldn't worry to much about that. But it never hurts to see the doctor.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Nievierra's Avatar MommyOfAnEarlyAngel
My cycles have been an average 28 day cycle (except the month right after which was like 34 or 35 days). The only real odd things are having painful cramps during my period and the worse ones during ovulation but I don't remember when I first noticed the painful ovulation cramps. And thank you so much for responding

Last edited by Nievierra; August 25th, 2012 at 06:18 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search