Going throught this for the first time

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rmtd11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2012, 05:06 PM
rmtd11's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello,

My name is Carolina. I am going through the miscarriage of our 3rd baby. This is my first miscarriage. I was 9 weeks along but on this past wednesday I noticed some brown tinged, mucus like discharge. Now that I look back on it, it was exactly like losing my mucus plug during my two other pregnancies.. (I have a beautiful 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son). The spotting continue on and off and on friday, I went to the bathroom and when I wiped the spotting had turned more into the beginning of a period. I hadn't had my first appt yet, so a friend of mine who is a ob advice me to go to the hospital to make sure that I wasn't bleeding because of an ecptopic pregnancy. At the hospital had an ultrasound and pelvic exam. The ultrasound confirmed my worst fear. The baby had no heartbeat. Now I find myself in this odd place, where I try to continue to be go on with the normal routine of the day, getting ready for the kid's school day tomorrow and everytime I feel a little bit of pain or I go to the bathroom, I'm reminded that this little baby who as it grew became even more part of our family, is now leaving me. We told the kiddos since they knew that we were pregnant. Our daughter cried but found some comfort in the fact that I told her we could do something nice, like plant some flowers in memory of the baby. Our son is still to little and knew that I said that the baby wasn't coming anymore but he hasn't mentioned it anymore but I think he can sense something is going on because he just pretty clingly. I find myself not wanting to put a bummer on my family, especially since my younger sister's wedding is on saturday and I just hate that this is happening. I actually missed her bachelorette get-together last night. I find myself in a very weird space, one is full of sadness, confusion and loneliness. The other is full of my children's laughter, the love of my friends, who by the way came over last night and made dinner and brought flowers and made us laugh tons. I don't know how much I should talk about it, make it present or how much I should keep it to myself. I'm sad but I find comfort in the fact that they told me that my body is healthy, that my body knew that this baby would be better off an angel.

Sorry so long but I seem to have lots of thoughts swimming in my head. I'm truly sorry for the loss that all of you in this forum are suffering or have suffered.
manda0710 likes this.

Carolina mommy to Mikaela and Mateo

September 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I recently lost my first and only pregnancy. The baby measured about 9 weeks on the u/s that confirmed it's heart had stopped. I know it's hard to figure out how to tell people. I hope you can find someone you can talk to about it though. For me, when I can talk about my miscarriage it helps me to sort through what I'm feeling.
It's okay to feel sad and upset even if your sister's wedding is this weekend. I think everyone would understand.
September 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry for your loss! I just had my first m/c over a month ago now, was our 3rd baby, I felt a lot of the same things your feeling.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

September 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It must be so hard to tell other children. My loss was my first pregnancy, so I didn't to explain it to anyone. I'm sorry that you have to go through this.

Please add your information to the Baby Memorial List and I'll add you on there.

October 10th, 2012, 12:10 AM
i understand completely with the wedding coming up i loss my lil one at 9w4d and im in my younger sisters wedding where everyone was expecting there to be a nice round bridesmaid(with the first grandbaby) but unfortunately its not going to be that way and ever since we told our family she hasn't even mentioned any condolences or a sign of sadness only about going dress shopping. makes you feel like if you say anything itll ruin the wedding

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search