First AF post miscarriage?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2012, 08:41 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My body is confusing the heck out of me!

So I m/c 5.5 weeks ago and started what I thought was my first post-miscarriage AF 3 days ago. I cramped really heavily for 3 days which isnt usual for me with my period but I had heard that was normal after a miscarriage. I didnt bleed a ton just medium amount on 2 days and then quite lightly today. The confusing part is I still have a faint positive on a preg. test. I had a ton of cheap tests so I was testing almost daily to see how long it took for the HCG to leave my system. I had a + opk 2 weeks ago, had all signs of ovulating and now have what seems like a period, but the whole time my tests are still very faintly positive.

I dont think I can ovulate or get a period while I have a + test right? I have no idea what to think.
September 18th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I completely understand the body confusing you stuff. Mine has been quite wierd since my m/c. I don't think it's real common to ovulate before you get a neg. hpt, but I do know it's possible to ovulate before the -hpt. You're hcg levels have to be dropping. That's about all I remember about it. Hopfully someone else might have more info for you.
Sorry it's so confusing.
The site Facts about Miscarriage is a pretty good site. It says that your next real period will be at least 4 weeks after the m/c and 20 days of no bleeding or spotting. the web address is pregnancyloss.info

Last edited by Schofield06; September 18th, 2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: misspelling
September 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Have you had any blood work done since the m/c?
I just had an appointment on Monday and she did bloodwork to be sure the hcg was still down. But she said if I had had a normal period (which I did exactly a month after the miscarriage) then she was not concerned at all, just double checking. But all my home tests have come up negative starting a week after the miscarriage. My OB mentioned that sometimes the HCG drops and then goes back up if there's even a small piece of tissue left over, so i'd maybe go get that checked out by your doctor just to be sure.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
September 21st, 2012, 08:37 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ovulated and had my period right on schedule after my miscarriage. So I'm assuming my HCG went back to to 0 very quick. I had my miscarriage Aug 7th and by Aug 13th my HCG was 95. If your still getting positives, I'd get that double checked for sure!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

November 8th, 2012, 11:15 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering if you had an update on this?

I'm testing positive for ovulation AND getting faint positives on my pregnancy tests. I also have a bunch of the cheap tests so that's what I'm using. It's very confusing. It's been over two weeks since the baby passed and I haven't bled in over a week. I was 7.5 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search