Preparing for D & C

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Regular
My husband and I found out by u/s that we lost our baby at 10w yesterday due to a subchronic hemmorage (or something like that). After going through an awful m/c five years ago, I vowed that i would never due it again, so I will be having a D&C tomorrow. Just curious if anyone has been through one and can give me a heads up as to what to expect (pain, recovery, etc.)
Thanks so much.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
November 30th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. We had a blighted ovum a few months ago and I had a D&C at 7wks. The procedure itself was painless, and I actually didn't have any pain afterwards, either. I had very minimal bleeding right after the procedure. However, about 3-4 days later, that's when the more heavy bleeding (like AF) started... still not painful, but heavier. I think that's when my hormones dropped enough that my body realized it was time to start shedding everything. Overall, the D&C itself was pretty painless. I think the heavy bleeding lasted about 5-6 days or so... kind of like a longer AF. The day of my D&C I stayed home to rest, but I was able to go to work and stuff the next day.

However, I did have the complication of retained tissue... after the heavy bleeding stopped, I was still spotting/light bleeding for about 2 months. After about a month and a half, a little bit of tissue came out (sorry, TMI). Then a couple weeks later a little more came out. Then the bleeding finally stopped. I was concerned that I'd need a second D&C to get the retained tissue out, but after 2 months it finally resolved itself. I don't think this is a very common thing, but it does happen because the D&C is a blind procedure, so it can be hit or miss as to whether everything comes out or not.

Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon!
November 30th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Veteran
I have not had a D&C, but just wanted to pass along my sympathies for your loss. I hope you are home and resting and have a quick recovery. Take care and best wishes.
Denise
November 30th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Regular
Thanks so much girls. I had the D&C this morning and am home recovering. Now to finish recovering physically and move onto the emotional recovery.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search