Low HCG - was told i would miscarry. When?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 08:46 AM
I posted in a different section of this board when i tested with a faint + last week. It has been a very hard, confusing process for me.

I am 25 years old. I have one son.

My last period was 11/25. I was expecting my period on 12/26. I ended up getting the Flu and went to the doctors on 12/28 for that. I was 2 days late, no biggie, but mentioned i was a few days late for my period so they urine tested me which came up negative. I did not second think it and just assumed id get my period in a few days.

Last week i started wondering why i had still not got my period so wed i bought a home pregnancy test. I took it mid-day and was so anxious to take it that i didnt wait till i really had to go pee to take it. The test showed a very faint positive. I thought "a lines a line! im positive". I had a second test and decided id take it in the morning, that one for sure would be a stronger positive. I called my OBGYN and they scheduld me an appointment for the next day due to a liver condition i had during my last pregnancy.

To my amazment the next mornings test was still very faint. Something wasnt right. I was 10 days late, this should be a strong positive. So I shrug it off as i had the doctors appointment. They urine test me first. That was negative. The doctor quickly stated that it was chemical and my body would take care of everytime but to go bloodwork done to check my HCG just incase.

Thur they call me and tell me my HCG is negative. I was a 6. They didnt want me to follow up with anything. Just that was it. This didnt feel right to me.

Sat i ended up going to the ER. I felt faint and just did not feel right. An ultrasound and bloodwork was done. The doctor said that i was very early pregnant. They did dectect something in my uterus but no heartbeat. He said i was 4-5 weeks along. But my HCG level had dropped to a 5 and this was not going to be a viable pregnancy. He told me to follow up with my OB on monday.

So today comes. I call them and the Nurse calls me back. I told here what happened at the ER. She said "ok, so you were a 5, so your negative". This confused me because i was under the impression that im still pregnant but the fetus has not left me yet. They detected smoething on an ultrasound and i have yet to bleed. She said that they do "not trust" their ultrasound. They probably picked up a polup or something else and that i was not pregnant. I asked if it was normal that i had miscarried but had not bled. Her response was it was "weird". The ER doctor said its important to monitor my levels until i reach 0. MY OBGYN did not require me to follow up with more bloodwork after the first. I asked her about this and she said theyd like to do the bloodwork again to get another "negative" (not a 0) and we sceheduled an appointment for an ultrasound for next wed.

I am now left feeling uneasy about my OBGYN. I feel like im getting contradicting information. Can you miscarry without bleeding? I have had light pink spotting that comes and goes but no heavy bleeding or major cramping. I understand this is not a viable pregnancy due to my #'s and am very saddened and depressed but I feel like i didnt miscarry yet. Im not sure what to expect, think, or do from here.
January 9th, 2013, 04:47 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry for your loss. I know with both my M/C i started slowly just spotting pink here and there with no major cramping. That all started with time. HUGS!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 13th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Hi there, I will be thinking about you. Please update when you can ok

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search