Weight Gain

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By islandbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As if we needed one more thing to make us depressed....

How many of you dear ladies are still gaining weight?

I hit the comfort food hard for about 24 hours after we got the news. And then again for about a day after the D&C. Then I went into health mode.

Fruit for breakfast
yogurt for lunch
lean meat and veggies for dinner
no snacking after dinner
hot water with lemon for a snack in between meals
no more coffee (a craving during pregnancy)
ramped up exercise - not always possible since I get really bad migraines.

In the 3 weeks since everything happened, I've gained 4 lbs. In the almost 12 weeks of the pregnancy, I gained about 3.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 21st, 2013, 12:55 PM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
Ive also gained a couple pounds since the d&c. Its completly my fault though. My eating habits have been horrible! I bought a lemon cheesecake about a week ago, and within 4 days, it was GONE! Lol but in my defense, dh ate just as much of it as I did. We have been ordering a lot of take out too. Chinese and pizza and sushi. Mostly because I just dont feel like cooking. I have to get back on track!! Bad!!

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
March 21st, 2013, 01:39 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Honestly, I have two stages of depression...one where I have no appetite and barely eat and one where I eat constantly and not healthy either. Well, I can say that I have the second one...I eat everything in sight and not healthy either. I have basically been living off of cake and ice cream for the last few days. It's like now that I am not taking care of another human being, I just don't care what I do to myself. If I could have alcohol right now and take baths, I'd spend most of the day in a boiling hot tub with alcohol. It's like I just want to punish myself, I don't know
March 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmomma3 View Post
Honestly, I have two stages of depression...one where I have no appetite and barely eat and one where I eat constantly and not healthy either. Well, I can say that I have the second one...I eat everything in sight and not healthy either. I have basically been living off of cake and ice cream for the last few days. It's like now that I am not taking care of another human being, I just don't care what I do to myself. If I could have alcohol right now and take baths, I'd spend most of the day in a boiling hot tub with alcohol. It's like I just want to punish myself, I don't know
That's how I was after my loss. I lived on cookies and candy bars for about 3 weeks straight.
Now I am at that no appetite phase and I am 4 lbs lighter than I was before I got pregnant. I lost it all and then some since the appetite loss. I'm trying to find a healthy middle ground but either I eat junk or I don't eat at all.

March 21st, 2013, 03:42 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ame C View Post
That's how I was after my loss. I lived on cookies and candy bars for about 3 weeks straight.
Now I am at that no appetite phase and I am 4 lbs lighter than I was before I got pregnant. I lost it all and then some since the appetite loss. I'm trying to find a healthy middle ground but either I eat junk or I don't eat at all.
I just want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss Nobody should have to go through even a second of this heartache!!!
Ame C likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After my 12 week loss I had the 4-5lbs that I had gained during the 3 months of the pregnancy lingering around as a reminder! It sucks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search