Completely off topic

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 12:20 PM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
After a very long engagement (3 yrs), and after talking so seriously about finally getting married a couple months ago...my finace and I have decided to just do it. So many plans we ruined, but there is no reason for our marriage to fall through the cracks too because of whats just happened. Were not having a wedding, instead were just going to go to the courthouse and get hitched. Were shooting for April 1st. I was wondering if anyone else has done this, or knows what basically happens during it. Is it literally just signing papers? Should I get dressed up? Lol Just wondering..

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
March 27th, 2013, 12:31 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh how wonderful honey!!! I'm happy for you.

My first marriage was at a courthouse with a couple of friends. We had to get the license ahead of time. Then I think a three day waiting period? (this varies by state, I think some actually make you get blood tests for some reason, so you should look up the law, or call the courthouse )

Anyway, we went and he had a couple of paragraphs he read, then we kissed, and signed the papers. It was actually very sweet.
I didn't dress up, but I was sorry I didn't. If I had done it again, I would have worn something simple but dressy, like a white or ivory dress from my closet, and I would have brought a bouquet just to have.

MAKE SURE you have someone take a few pictures!!! No matter how fast or casual it is, you really are going to want some pictures to show those babies that I know you are going to have someday

Good luck!! I hope it's perfect, and I hope you'll share when you're done!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
March 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Aww, I'm so excited for you Definitely find out the requirements for a courthouse wedding asap because April 1st is right around the corner! Great date, by the way!!! I would think you should wear something pretty, maybe white or cream and definitely have someone take pictures for you!

I'm just so happy for you
March 27th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks, Im really excited.
There is a three day waiting period for getting married, so we are going later this week to get the license. I think FL used to require blood tests, but not anymore. Thank goodness, I've been poked and proded enough this month!
I invited my mom and dad to come up, so Im sure I can get one of them to take some pictures. I will definitely share them!
Now we just have to go get wedding bands (pawn shopping!) and a nice dress to wear.

Feb. 2013 at 8wks
March 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww how nice! Congratulations!

Ok, so I have a FUNNY story to share that will make you all laugh! DH and I got pregnant and decided to get married before I got big. Problem was, he was separated from his first wife but not divorced. So he immediately contacted his lawyer and got the paperwork rolling. Every week he called the lawyer and told him that we needed to make sure everything was done before the wedding date 3 mos from that time. 2 mos from that time. 1 mos. 2 weeks, 1 wk. Each time the lawyer said don't worry it'll be done. 2 DAYS before the wedding, everything is all set. We called the lawyer and the paper work was all set but NOT SIGNED by the judge who was going out of town the next day. We are in a panic. The next day, this is now 24 HOURS before the wedding, we have to have the Divorce Papers signed so we can get our license, DH races to the lawyers office, grabs the paperwork, races to the courthouse, tackles the judge and gets him to sign the paperwork and then races to the town hall with me and 20 bucks that he borrowed from his mom. We get there with literally 5 MINUTES to spare to get our license!!! We get the license drawn and signed and go home. The next day we get married and the Judge FORGETS to sign the certificate and license!!!!

I had to send it to the judge and have him sign it before the town hall would notarize it.

Hope that gave you a laugh!
New Baby Boy Born March 24. Our second miracle!
March 27th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelila View Post
Awww how nice! Congratulations!

Ok, so I have a FUNNY story to share that will make you all laugh! DH and I got pregnant and decided to get married before I got big. Problem was, he was separated from his first wife but not divorced. So he immediately contacted his lawyer and got the paperwork rolling. Every week he called the lawyer and told him that we needed to make sure everything was done before the wedding date 3 mos from that time. 2 mos from that time. 1 mos. 2 weeks, 1 wk. Each time the lawyer said don't worry it'll be done. 2 DAYS before the wedding, everything is all set. We called the lawyer and the paper work was all set but NOT SIGNED by the judge who was going out of town the next day. We are in a panic. The next day, this is now 24 HOURS before the wedding, we have to have the Divorce Papers signed so we can get our license, DH races to the lawyers office, grabs the paperwork, races to the courthouse, tackles the judge and gets him to sign the paperwork and then races to the town hall with me and 20 bucks that he borrowed from his mom. We get there with literally 5 MINUTES to spare to get our license!!! We get the license drawn and signed and go home. The next day we get married and the Judge FORGETS to sign the certificate and license!!!!

I had to send it to the judge and have him sign it before the town hall would notarize it.

Hope that gave you a laugh!
Wow! Lol thats quite an ordeal! Im sure it wasnt funny at the time, but Its always good to be able to look back at things like that and laugh!
Thanks for sharing, I definitely got a good laugh

Feb. 2013 at 8wks
March 27th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
Mine tipped the judge $25
March 28th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Awww how sweet I can't wait to hear about it. Best of luck to you and your hubbster!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search