After D&C...Body Aches?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
Hello lovely ladies. I found out on the 21st that I had a miscarriage. My first. I was 16 weeks along when I found out. Baby stopped growing around 14 weeks. I had a D&C on Tuesday. I'm having a hard time with body aches right now. My body is so sore. My head, neck, shoulders, back and even my arms are sore. I'm still having throat irritation and coughing from the tube they stick down your throat. It's no fun! I was just wondering if anyone has experienced these symptoms after having a D&C?

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
March 28th, 2013, 05:50 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to see you here I was also part of the September DDC and had a D&C on March 16th. This was also my 3rd pregnancy (I have two girls also). I have to say, besides my stomach feeling crampy like my period coming on, I did not have any body aches at all. Have you asked your Dr. about this? I honestly don't know anything about D&C's since this was also my first loss, after having two great pregnancies. This all came as a great big shock to me. I know I did not have a tube down my throat. Hopefully someone else here can give you a better answer. I just really wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss It's just not fair...noone should have to go through this! <HUGS>
March 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you honey.

To me, from someone who's been 'under' a few times in the last few years, to me, it sounds like something I've felt after having anesthesia because of coughing after the tube was out. I'm guessing you had general anesthesia bcs of the tube anyway... If it gets out of hand, I would ask the dr too.
Another thought is that I get sore all over after a big violent cry.

I had just cramping after my d&c too, but it was also my first (thank god), and my first loss.

I'm still so sorry. I can't imagine going a month longer than I did and then finding out.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
March 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I am so very sorry that you are hurting, and for your loss. No advice here, as I didn't end up having a D&C, but I would definitely call your doctor, just for reassurance. No need to suffer any more than you already have.
March 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. Is there anyone left in September DDC? This just keeps getting worse.

Make sure you don't have a fever. If the body aches continue, don't hesitate to contact your OB. I had a sore neck the first day but it went away the next day.

I hope you start to feel better physically soon. Emotionally, well, I'm still a basket case, so I'm not going to tell you to do anything. Its how we grieve. And it sucks. Lean on us if you need to, we are here for you.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 29th, 2013, 02:22 PM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
After my d&c eariler this month, I noticed that my arms and shoulders were really sore. It felt like I had been lifting weights or something. It went away after about a week. My guess is that it could have been from them lifting and moving me around while I was out.
Make sure to keep an eye on your temp. As long as you arent running a fever, soaking through pads in an hour or having terrible pain, I think you'll be ok.
Im really sorry for your loss.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
March 29th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Just keep breathing.
Were you given antibiotics after the procedure? I'm really worried about you- full body aches, especially if you also have fever or weakness, might be from an infection after the surgery. If it were me, I'd call your OB asap. Or even go to the ER.
March 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I keep checking this post for an update. I really hope you have checked with your Dr. and you are ok!? Please update...we are all concerned and worried about you!!!
March 30th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I'm so sorry, that sounds awful Are you feeling any better?

April 16th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
Hi ladies!! I'm so sorry I never updated!!
I'm doing much better! Thank you! I took ibuprofen for a couple of days, but after that I wasn't having aches and pains anymore.
It has been 3 weeks since my surgery and I'm still bleeding. I've heard from so many people that they only bled for a few days after their surgery, so I called my doctor about it yesterday. She said that since I was further along that it may take a little longer for the bleeding to stop. I have my follow up check up next Wednesday.
And thank you sugarmomma3 for your concern! I really appreciate it!

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
April 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Thank you so much for updating us!!! I'm so glad to read that you are ok! I'm really sorry that you are still bleeding. I honestly barely spotted for about 6 days and that was it. If you are still bleeding when you go for your appointment, I would seriously make sure that they check up on that! That's just my opinion! I have been thinking about every day, hoping that you would check in with us so I am so relieved and happy to see you post again

Feel free to hang out with us here or depending on your situation, a lot of us hang out on the 'trying to conceive after loss' board, even if some us (like me, lol) aren't technically ttc yet or have fully decided on taking that path again. Either way it would be nice to see you around on JM again Your signature always makes me smile...my name is Samantha and my daughter's name is Isabella. (I would have really loved her nickname to have been Ella, but everyone called her Bella from the start...which I'm still not thrilled about and she's almost 7. I try to call her Isabella most of the time

Anyway, hope to see you around
April 16th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Just keep breathing.
I'm glad you are doing better. I bled fully, like a period, for 3 weeks after my D&C. I too was concerned about so much blood. But it ended eventually.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search