I don't know what feels normal anymore.... don't understand my body

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Essie Parker
  • 1 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
I had a m/c on the 21st. The bleeding stopped on the 28th. The past two days, I've been having "stuff" going on that I can't identify. My cycle is usually very regular and I know my ovulation and PMS symptoms so I usually know exactly where I am/what's going in my body. Now, I'm at a loss.

I don't know if I am ovulating already because it doesn't feel like it normally does. I feel mild "cramping" that's not really cramping... it just feels like activity. I've felt normal ovulation-like pressure around my ovaries but also back pain that comes and goes, which is not normal for me. I've had a bit of a pulling sensation, which is a normal but not regular ovulation sign for me and some sharp vaginal pain, not a normal ovulation sign for me.

I can't even begin to discuss the emotional issues because I'm really a mess but I'd like to understand my body.

Anyone have any insight?
April 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss I had a D&C done and I also have no clue what is going on with my body either. I really hope someone here can chime in with a better answer for you and give you some idea of what is going on, physically.

In regards to the emotional part, a lot of us here are a 'mess' in one way or another. It helps to talk about it, even if it is with us here. At least we all understand what the others are feeling and dealing with! At least I know for me, it has really helped me to come here and talk about my feelings.

So, if you want to, feel free to come here to vent, cry, talk etc. All these feelings are perfectly normal! Sending you lots of positive thoughts and hugs!!!
April 2nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there.
My body does nothing normally in the reproductive sense. Before clomid I know I haven't ovulated in four years (i'm sure longer, but wasn't charting before that). So I just have no advice about what your body is doing.

But I wanted to say welcome to a place that I'm so sorry you had to come. I'm sorry for your loss. And I'm sorry your body is being confusing.
No pressure, but it really does help to talk to someone, and sometimes almost strangers or friends on a computer is easier than someone you know in person. Feel free to chime in any time with any feelings you have. We are a good supportive group here, with some great ladies.
Bigs hugs to you. And again, so sorry for you hun

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 2nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I am still miscarrying, technically and I can't even figure that out. I started spotting on 3/27, bled super heavily on 3/28 and then like a very heavy period for three days beyond that and am now spotting and cramping, so I am expecting to ramp up the bleeding again at any moment. I just want this to be done with and get back to a normal cycle so badly.

I go back and forth with wanting to talk to someone about what is/has been going on. I actually just made an appointment for this Friday to talk to a therapist, but I am still not sure I want to go. I feel fine for minutes and even hours at a time, and then I get into a funk, or start crying, or snap at my loved ones, or just completely withdraw. I know it is normal and I don't know if talking to someone will help, but I am going to at least give it a try, I think.

Good luck to you, and I am so deeply sorry you are going through this too.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
April 2nd, 2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words and support. I am glad I'm not the only one who can't figure out what's going on with their body.

Emotionally, I think I'm feeling kind of numb right now and I'm not sure if I want to start feeling things again. The world just seems completely fractured so I don't even know how to engage with it properly. Talking will be difficult but I'll definitely come here when the words come forth.
smsturner likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm very sorry for your loss. I had a natural M/C back in September. Same as you, I bled for 7 days. I cramped, had strange abdominal pain for another 7-11 days with no bleeding. Exactly 28 days from the time the MC started, my next period started.

With my D&C a month ago, I just spotted for a few days. No cramping. Then 21 days later, cramping, abdominal pain and all sorts of weird, strange pains all over the place I'd never had before. Then a period that lasted just a few hours. 10 days later, ovulation pain.

MCs wreak havoc on your body and your mind. If you experience intense pain or bleeding, don't hesitate to call your doctor and ask questions or ask to be seen.

Most of all, remember you are going through alot, give yourself time and space.
Essie Parker likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search