Extreme fatigue

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By islandbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I'm still dealing with hormonal symptoms (including, nausea, mild cramping and other pains, and headaches) and suddenly today, one week since the bleeding stopped, extreme fatigue. I walked two blocks to the store and I could barely move on the way back. I felt that I would drop at any moment. My whole body feels heavy. I want to move on but my body keeps reminding me of my ordeal.

Though I have people in my life who have been supportive, I still feel alone and I feel stupid. The baby's father broke things off after the m/c was confirmed and I feel stupid for making bad choices and unworthy for not having a partner/husband who loves me enough to go through this with me. My body is crying out for something that I can't give it and I've failed in providing someone to help it heal. This abyss is neverending.
April 4th, 2013, 08:10 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi again.
I'm sorry you are feeling so down.
Please check in with your dr. If you are getting some kind of infection you can feel very tired and achey...

I'm new to loss. But I am not new to depression. I KNOW what it feels like to feel you are being dragged into a deep dark pit, and no matter how you climb and claw, you can't get back out. It does feel like an abyss. I really think you need to talk to someone. A counselor, therapist, if you are religious, a spiritual advisor person. Just someone. Between the pregnancy and the break up, you've had two huge losses and changes in the last few weeks. Also, depression causes extreme fatigue for me, that I need meds to work past. Not that everyone would need them, that's just what worked for me.

Please know that none of this is your fault!! You are not unworthy! You didn't do anything to make him go. Please know that you can and will heal without this man. If he cannot stay and support you when you are reeling from this loss, then he doesn't sound like he'd be the best to support you through the rest of life.

Huge hugs to you. Please see your dr and talk to someone. And let us know how you are doing.
Essie Parker likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 4th, 2013, 08:23 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe the exhaustion is part of it all. I have been falling asleep while doing tasks. Two days ago, I fell asleep driving home and ran off the road. Today, I drove into the driveway, shut off the car, and fell asleep for 20 min.

Make sure you take vitamins. Go to bed early. Call your OB and ask for a referral to a counselor - you need someone to talk to, this is really hard to deal with, especially alone.

Don't hesitate to post if you need help.
Essie Parker likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 4th, 2013, 09:07 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I agree, exhaustion is a part of it, unfortunately I am fine during the day, but at night time when I fall asleep in my daughter's room, I find my body feeling like dead weight when I do have to get up. Same thing in the mornings...I don't want to get up. It's literally a chore to drag my body out of bed.

You've gotten great advice here already!!! It is a lot to take not only physically, but also emotionally especially when dealing with not only a loss, but relationship issues as well! Please take it one day at a time, don't be too hard on yourself and definitely find someone to talk to about everything! Also, we are always here for support <HUGS>
Essie Parker likes this.
April 5th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Thanks to you all. It's good to know that the fatigue is likely just part of the process. If these symptoms are still concerning me in a few days, I will call my doctor. I'm afraid that if it's something like an infection, this whole process will be prolonged and I'm not sure that I can handle that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search