Am I crazy?

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 04:45 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never did this, but both my losses I never seen the actual baby Whatever helps you deal is ok I think! HUGS!
June 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
Just keep breathing.
Nope, not crazy. I totally sympathize. I didn't take a picture, but (TMI) when I miscarried at home with my second loss, I fished through the toilet to find the tissue. I wanted to bring it in to the drs office for testing. The whole process took a week. Of course I washed my hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap after every trip, lol.

I'm not squeamish in the least (which I hope will help me as a parent, when I do have my rainbow). And lo and behold, I DID find the right tissue, and DID get it tested, and they WERE able to culture cells to test its genes. I felt oddly victorious! That baby had no chromosome abnormalities, which was very helpful information. If there had been chromosome problems, I probably would have freaked out over my age (33) and egg quality. As it is, I dont' know what caused that loss, but still, it was good to rule something out.

At any rate, enough about me. You're not crazy! (unless I am too, and we both just don't know)
June 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first loss, I saw something pass and at the time thought it was a fibroid because of the size. I didn't think at 5 weeks it could look like it did - much too big. Now I know that it probably was the baby. I am haunted with the memory and dream about it every once in a while.

With my second, I had a D&C. But I had an 11wk U/S and saw a perfectly formed baby with legs and arms and eyes and a nose and mouth and I had a moment to say goodbye before leaving the room. While I don't have a picture, I do have my 8wk U/S pic when the features were forming and we had a heartbeat and I have it tucked away in a drawer. I haven't had the heart to look at it since the day we were told we lost. Maybe one day I can look at it again.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
July 3rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
I think seeing the baby with my first loss would have helped, I was 12 weeks. So I was fully expecting to see something to confirm to me that the baby was real at least! My second loss I was only 7 weeks, baby only grew to 5 weeks though.
July 7th, 2013, 08:24 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just found out the day before yesterday I am in the process of miscarrying for the first time.
It would have been 10 weeks, they said it measured 8 weeks, but I had been feeling it move (I know very early) a week ago and I know 1st trimester ultrasounds can be a week off so I'm thinking it stopped at 9 weeks. Anyway I plan to take a pic of it just for myself and put the little body in a planter pot and put a rose bush on top. That was the husband's idea. I'm 99% sure I passed the placenta a hour ago.

I never thought miscarriage would happen to me. Now here I am

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
July 16th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeSung View Post
That's why I wanted to wait for natural miscarriage. I'd have visual proof.

Why weren't you able to see it?
I must have passed it without noticing it!
July 19th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Super Mommy
I have pictures of both my boys :0) I love their little hands and feet. I still look at them on occasion. I think it helps me feel like it was more real. That sounds strange but it wasn't a bad dream. I even have my firsts body print in a little outfit and his teeny tiny foot prints (the hospital was wonderful!) my second I have amazing pictures of his hands. They fit perfectly on the free edge of my thumb nail! So tiny but so perfect.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search