No sac on ultrasound! :( Confused!

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Veteran
Hi,
I havent been here for awhile. But Im really scared and confused and hoping for some support or if anyone can relate or has experienced what Im going through too.

I finally got a bfp on June 29 after 2 years of trying. I was about 14 dpo or 4 weeks. Anyhow the next day I started to bleed heavily and with clotting, with it lasting for 3 days. I thought it was over for me. Called the dr., she said it was most likely a chemical pregnancy or a miscarriage was in progress. She had me come in for blood draws. On Aug 1st (17 dpo) and my HCG was 65. Good for 4 weeks. Then again on the following monday (Aug 5th) and my HCG levels was 210. Good for 5 weeks I think?
So she had go for a ultrasound at 5 weeks and 4 days, both vaginal and reg. Both sound nothing. No sac, or anything. They checked my fallopian tubes, nothing either.

I go back on monday the Aug 12, (I will be 6 weeks exactly) for more blood draws to see if my levels are going up or down. So the doctor called me today on a Sat, to tell me she is worried it could be ectopic since there wasn't a sac at 5W4days and wants me to go to the ER for another ultrasound today to check again and get more blood drawn. But I feel like getting an ultrasound two days later won't show anything different than it did being that it has only been two days!
I feel like waiting a week for another ultrasound might be better. I don't know what to do....I guess there is no harm in getting another one. But I just think it's extreme to check for an ectopic 48 hours later.
So Im very concerned and confused! I still have positive HPT's and they seem to be getting darker. I have no symptoms except these weird twinges on my right side of my uterus area once in a while. Has anyone had a happy ending with no sac, and heavy bleeding at 4 weeks? Could this be a chemical pregnancy that is showing positive HPT's still 10 days after bleeding? Or an ectopic that wasn't discovered? Or maybe it's a viable pregnancy that is too early to detect? But I have no symptoms except the weird twinges and I bled heavily for 3 days? Im so confused? Iv'e been so emotional and crying, but don't know what to do. What do you guys think? I not sure I even want to go to the hospital like the Dr suggests...Any words or encouragement or advice?
Took break for a year.
Started TTC again in May 2011- TTC for my 1st baby
BFP July 29 2013!

August 10th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Veteran
bump
Took break for a year.
Started TTC again in May 2011- TTC for my 1st baby
BFP July 29 2013!

August 11th, 2013, 04:13 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I wish I had some advice for you, but I don't know much about the different types of miscarriages. I don't even know what to tell you to do, I'm sorry I had a loss in March which one Dr. said was a 'missed miscarriage' and another one said it was an 'incomplete miscarriage'. In any event there was nothing showing up on the ultrasound, but my levels were ridiculously sky high. I had started bleeding on my own, but my OBGYN decided that with those numbers I had to have a D&C. I am honestly glad that I did have it done. It just let the whole nightmare be over so quickly instead of waiting for weeks, not sure when it would ever stop.

I am truly sorry for your loss Lots of positive thoughts and hugs being sent your way.

~Always missing our angel baby 16/3/2013~
August 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Veteran
Yes, I have had no sac that far along. Had extreme aches in left ovary area. They thought it was ectopic but all was fine. Had a scat @ 7weeks. all was perfect.
I didnt have the bleeding though
August 31st, 2013, 08:38 PM
Sheila
I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. I don't know much about that situation, but hopefully you have gotten answers from your doctor.
baby #5 05/16/13

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search