Hello! I am looking for advice.

Forum: Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I originally posted this in the TTC after loss because I didn't see this section as it is far down and I never looked for it before. I guess I am wanting to hear what someone who has been through a loss (this early) thinks about my situation. I don't really know anything yet but I feel in my heart that I am 99% sure this is a miscarriage. Now here is my story. Thanks!

Hello! I think this is where I should be. I tested on Friday and I got 2 faint lines on $ store tests. The next morning we bought a 3 pack of FRER's and I took 2 (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) both had fairly dark lines for how early I was testing. We were so excited. I have 4 kids and no past miscarriages so I saw positive and automatically thought new baby! We told everyone. Even my kids! I tested again on Monday with my last FRER and the line was lighter... That's when my OCD kicked in and I thought something isn't right. I tested with 2 more $ store tests and the lines were light. I went to the dr on Tuesday and they did a urine test that back positive. Yesterday (wed) I took 4 more tests 2 $ store test, FRER and a FR digital. I did 2 batches (1 $ store and the digi both neg) and then (1 $ and the FRER both had light lines). This morning I woke up with some brown spotting and now it's pink. It's not very heavy but I feel crampy. I assume this is what an early miscarriage is like. I have a call into my regular doctor but I don't know if they are going to do anything. I will attach some pics of my tests and I would appreciate any info and opinions.

Thank you!!

They are in order (except for the digi that i just put on the end) and there are 2 pictures

September 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Just keep breathing.
Sending big hugs. I also saw your post in the TTCAL forum. Unfortunately this forum doesn't get a lot of action.

I haven't been in your exact situation, but as I understand, it's commonly considered a chemical pregnancy, essentially where the embryo fails to implant. I believe the embryo starts producing hcg once it forms, but when it doesn't implant to gain more nutrients, begin growing a placenta, etc. it stops growing, and your hcg levels drop. So that's why you can have some positive tests early on, that eventually fade. Usually this kind of miscarriage is thought to be a fluke, and there is nothing you can do, or could have done differently.

With an early loss like this, there's usually no reason to wait to try to conceive again, and no need for testing.

It's so hard, I know. I'm really sorry this has happened to you. No loss is easy, and there's no measure to grief. I hope you can find some sources of comfort as you move through this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search